Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Nostalgia & History > Warbonnet Wednesday . . .

Date: 05/31/23 06:43
Warbonnet Wednesday . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   twenty five years ago, BNSF 8244 was leading Chicago Los Angeles train 198 descending westbound over the western most bridge at the west end of Abo Canyon near Sais, NM.
JB

Date: 05/31/23 06:53
Re: Warbonnet Wednesday . . .
Author: refarkas

First-class scenic photo.
Bob

Date: 05/31/23 06:54
Author: atsfer

been there done that, great shot...that was a great location plus the hill on the other side by the old quarry.  I was horrified though when I went to an outdoor show and an outfitter who led hunts in the area showed me pictures of mountain lions bagged there with heads as wide as my chest...and all I would have had for defense was my tripod!

Date: 05/31/23 07:25
Author: spider1319

Super nice.Bill Webb

Date: 05/31/23 07:46
Author: jgilmore

Great view and consist! Over the weekend, we drove past the west end of Abo several times and of course there were many trains over that bridge and all I could do is watch them out the windshield while driving and lament the access and scenes like this...

JG

Date: 05/31/23 07:58
Author: PasadenaSub

Great photo!  I don't think I've ever seen a pic from that end of the bridge before.

Rich

Date: 05/31/23 08:46
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE photo!

Larry

Date: 05/31/23 10:46
Author: texchief1

Wonderful shot, JB!  The last time I shot from your location I left my 300 dollar goat suede baseball jacket up on that big rock.  I was way down the road back home before I realized it.

texchief
RC Lundgren

Date: 05/31/23 14:19
Author: atsfer

I got a shot there of a eastbound steel coil train there that made it to the BNSF calendar.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds