Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Nostalgia & History > This Was Railroading

Date: 03/03/04 13:31
This Was Railroading
Author: WichitaJct

The brakeman on the Extra 2899 West snags orders at Lawrence Kansas in August '78. How 'bout those bib overalls. Kinda out style now I 'spoze.

Date: 03/03/04 14:03
Re: This Was Railroading
Author: Steamjocky

Bibs out of style? They may be but I doubt it. I work with lots of guys, young and old, that still wear them. I work with one guy that has worn them since he hired out in 1969. I used to wear them myself when I had to work in El Centro in the winter. They kept me as warm as toast.

steamjocky

Date: 03/03/04 14:15
Author: kurat1

Neat shot of railroaders in action! Nothing beats th' bibs for weather and dirt protection, I still swear by mine. Kurt.

Date: 03/03/04 17:42
Author: trainhorns

This condutor is a smooth talker with the ladies. They actually think his overalls are sexy!!

Date: 03/03/04 19:13
And the Girls Love Their Paychecks
Author: cozephyr

Some girls love them and some don't. Celebrate your journey along the path of life.

PS I've yet to see magazines catch onto this trend. Let's keep this our secret.

Date: 03/03/04 19:59
Re: And the Girls Love Their Paychecks
Author: alco636

Sweet!

Date: 03/04/04 05:55
Author: grande473

I had to read this one twice. I read over about the bibs. I thought grabbing orders on the fly is out of style. As for the ladies as one beer commercial labels an eye catcher in the extreme ``official trouble.''

Date: 03/04/04 07:07
Author: WichitaJct

I've seen trainmen grab orders with their arms, but bever with their fly !!

Date: 03/26/04 06:42
Re: And the Girls Love Their Paychecks
Author: Phil

Whhooaa Mama!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0525 seconds