Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Nostalgia & History > Goin' To Kansas City

Date: 01/27/05 14:42
Goin' To Kansas City
Author: WichitaJct

In this May '77 photo a MILW transfer passes under Grand Ave. on their way back to the MILW/KCS yard in No. K.C.

Date: 01/27/05 14:52
Re: Goin' To Kansas City

In this March '90 photo a Soo (MILW) mainfest drifts down hill toward KC Union Station and its eventual destination--the UP or Santa Fe. Hey Soo fans out there--what ever happened to these Soo wide cab EMDs? Are they still out there in this paint scheme?

Date: 01/27/05 15:58
Author: MTMEngineer

Nice. I appreciate any shots of Milwaukee orange. Especially before Screw-Line bandit-ized them.

I have to admit the MP15's had a certain charm, despite their god-awful electronic imitation bell, but ...

... the AS-616's sacrificed their lives so the Milw could get 'em.

Date: 01/27/05 16:33
Author: bnsfsd70

BTW, as far as I can remember, all of those SOO SD60's and 60M's are still running around in their original paint and road number. Great Pics, Jeff

Date: 01/27/05 17:36

I posted this earlier and somehow it got deee-lee-ted. So here it is again. This EB Missouri Pacific manifest has just crossed from Kansas into Missouri on its trek across the Show Me state from KC to that city on the other side of the state. June '77 photo.

Date: 01/27/05 17:43
MKT Anyone?

Photo taken in September '76 looking down on MKTs Kansas City yard. Looks like one of those rare MKT U23Bs was sittin' at the engine house. Anyone know the name of this yard? And look at the NYC car sittin' over there. Man I wish I had photographed more of that ordinary old rolling stock like that!!

Date: 01/27/05 19:32

A WB RI manifest drifts down hill and will soon pass KC Union Station on its way to the RI yard in KCK. The UP Yard in KCK was Armstrong Yard, I believe. Anyone know the name of the old RI Yard in KC? August '77 photo. That RI GE on the point was typical of so much RI power: doors, side panels that didn't match the rest of the paint scheme, paint peeling off, temporary paint patch jobs etc. Ah, yes, gone 25 years now, but still in the hearts of fans in this part of the country.

Date: 01/27/05 19:46
Last One...I Promise

An EB RI mainfest passes under Grand Avenue in Beautiful downtown KC and is on its way up to the NE part of town where it leaves KCT rails and gains their own. What was the name of the junction where the RI track hooked up with the KCT? Congo Junction or soemthing like that? Anyone know? Hey, that's a U30C on the point, not that old in May '77 when this was taken, and still the RI logo has faded away to nothing already! Was that ever portentious.

Date: 01/27/05 19:56
Re: Last One...I Promise
Author: stevelv

It's amazing how much change in the tracks and overpass in the 13 years between the CRI&P 266 and the SOO SD60M photo's.

Date: 01/28/05 09:36
Author: ATSF3768

The old RI yard was/is Armourdale yard. It is next to the UP yard in KCK and to my knowledge is still used by the UP is some capacity after inheriting it from the SP/ Cotton Belt.
The Katy yard was Glen Park yard. It was right next to Rosedale yard, which was the old Frisco yard. When I lived in KC 4 years ago, most of Glen Park and Rosedale were abandoned. There were remnants of a small car shop at Glen Park, and a few tracks. Sometimes, UP would park a train on one of the remaining sidings there, but very little is left.

Date: 01/28/05 13:05

Frisco local heading back to the yard in Kansas City. August '77

Date: 01/28/05 13:09

Different day, different angle, same GP7.

Date: 01/28/05 13:14

May '77 photo--GP7 and calaboose head back to the yard, I would assume this was a transfer job heading back to the yard.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0636 seconds