Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Canadian Railroads > Favorite..

Date: 11/14/12 19:02
Favorite..
Author: RandyO

Going through my photos and this was taken in 2011..and one of my favorites...
This was taken just north Of Mactier Ontario.
Do you go through your photos and have one that stands out?
Lets see them?
The second photo is another of my favorites was in the Fall 2005 I caught Via # 1 @ North Of Sparrow Lake on the CN's Ontario Bala sub

Date: 11/15/12 04:00
Re: Favorite..
Author: navy5717th

6429 was the lead power for Via#1 in November of 2009 when took "The Canadian" across your beautiful country.

By then 6429's Telus paint job had become somewhat faded and there was a ding on the left front side.

Via replaced 6429 at Jasper -- don't know why.

Fritz in HSV, AL

Date: 11/15/12 12:13
Author: CCMF

Jasper is the point where VIA cycles out the power and equipment for the "Skeena" to Prince Rupert.

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

Date: 11/15/12 12:33
Author: DPKrause

These are probably my 2 most treasured, although neither one is a technically sound shot. The first was taken in Sept. '91 at the ottertail bridge west of Field, BC. Beautiful clear fall morning, a dusting of snow on the peaks, some fall colour, & clean power. It was a great day spent with a couple of good friends. The second, taken in Aug. '04, is a special for a different reason, as this was the last time I personally saw an SD40-2 leading anything other than a work train west of Calgary. The dreary overcast & B&W set the mood.

Date: 11/15/12 13:58

I also like the Sd40 photo at Field.

Date: 11/16/12 20:29
Author: Train611

Good topic - great idea!

1. Damp, night shot in North Vancouver BC.

2.Huge fan of the this classic CP paint scheme and F-units. Location is Field BC, a couple of years ago.

All the best,

Date: 11/17/12 04:36

I too like the F units..very cool

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds