Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Canadian Railroads > RMR Special on the Squamish Sub.

Date: 09/21/14 08:57
RMR Special on the Squamish Sub.
Author: loleta

Over the past couple of days, the Rocky Mountaineer consist which normally runs between Whistler and Jasper has been making round trips between North Vancouver and Squamish. According to one employee, "Some young entrepreneur rented the train." That's all I know. The northbound train met CN 546 (seen in photo 1) at Brunswick, rounded the wye at Squamish (photo 2), and headed south again around 2:00pm (shown north of Britannia in photo 3). A helicopter followed the train south; I'm guessing there was an RMR photographer aboard.

Loleta Fernbridge

Date: 09/21/14 09:44
Re: RMR Special on the Squamish Sub.
Author: eminence_grise

Over the past couple of weeks, a helicopter crew has been taking video of all the RMR operations.

I met the crew in Kamloops, complete with a "steady camera" (a gyroscopically steadied camera which is mounted in a remote controlled turret on the front of a helicopter).

Date: 09/21/14 10:39
Author: BCR4619

Nice, Glad you were able to get out and get some shots of the special...

I should have mine up today for further up the line.

~C

Date: 09/21/14 16:42
Author: pummer

Great shots, as usual!

Date: 09/21/14 18:49
Author: Train611

Hello everyone,

During the special trips the crew had to wye the train at Squamish.
Here are a couple from Saturday's trip.

1. RMR 8014 is the lead unit as the crew heads into the South leg of the wye, after coming up from North Vancouver.

2. RM9523 is the tail end unit on the reversing move off of the wye (lead to Squamish Terminals) The conductor has stopped the train prior to aligning the switch.

3. RMR 8014 is backing up to the pass track at Squamish.

After these moves the crew takes the train south to join the main, the backs up (northward) to the Squamish Station where the RM guests were loaded for their trip south.

Lots of action this weekend at Squamish with two RMR trains, inbound 570, outbound 571 and the 546 in and out.

Beautiful weather, great train action, and apparently well covered by the westcoast photo guys.

Thanks for looking.

Date: 09/21/14 21:38
Author: CP9300

Great shots all around Loleta. I really like number 3.

A.J.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0487 seconds