Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Canadian Railroads > CN2570 West at Lorne St. Station

Date: 03/19/15 17:24
CN2570 West at Lorne St. Station
Author: Train611

Hello,

Today was overcast but mild in Kamloops BC.
CN2570 was heard approaching Kamloops on CP track. This train comes from the Okanagan area (Lumby/Vernon) and joins CP track at Campbell Creek, east of town about 15 miles.

1. CN2570 and 2520 are bringing around 28 cars of mixed product including quite a few lumber cars. It approaches the Lorne St Station and Yard

2. The train passes the station which is now a nice Keg Restaurant. Note the flag and windsock (windy) and the distance sign on the station.

3. Close up of 2570...standing on property behind the barrier...parking lot for the hockey rink.

This is where the RMR trains load and un-load their passengers for the respective destinations...5 - 6 days a week when they get started.

Thanks for looking,

Stay well...

Date: 03/19/15 21:58
Re: CN2570 West at Lorne St. Station
Author: telegraphboy

This will date me for sure.  I remember this station very well.  The despatchers
office was on the 2nd floor on the east end.  I watched the "paper railroad" evolve
many times in the 1940's.   Can still remember the Chief Despr,  J H Thompson.
Also, Mike Kerwin,  MBK, who I understand went on to be the Chief in Vancouver.  
            sid.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds