Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Canadian Railroads > The other side of Angrignon overpass

Date: 04/19/15 06:46
The other side of Angrignon overpass
Author: Mberry

Yesterday Ray Murphy posted a shot of the Telus VIA unit, shot from the Angrignon overpass at Turcot West in Montreal. Coincidentally I was on that same overpass yesterday morning, but facing the other way (east). I shot a pair of SD70M-2's (CN 8849 & CN 8812) leading CN 705 (empty oil train bound for Alberta) towards a crew change at Turcot West. Downtown Montreal is visible in the background at left. What use to be the Turcot Yard is visible in the middle background at left, where highway construction is ongoing.

Michael Berry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/15 07:04 by Mberry.

Date: 04/19/15 07:08
Re: The other side of Angrignon overpass
Author: ghCBNS

Nice shot, thanks for posting......and for the roadgeeks among us that section of Autoroute 20 through Turcot is interesting: you’re driving on the left eastbound and on the right westbound with CN (& VIA) coming at you down the centre.

Date: 04/19/15 07:28

ghCBNS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice shot, thanks for posting......and for the
> roadgeeks among us that section of Autoroute 20
> through Turcot is interesting: you’re driving on
> the left eastbound and on the right westbound with
> CN (& VIA) coming at you down the centre.
No problem. Yes, as a Montrealer I'm used to it, but it is quite unusual.

Michael

Date: 04/19/15 16:46
Author: Train611

Always good photos MB...

I lived in the area unitil 1970. Is that still the main that was there from those days?

thanks,

Date: 04/19/15 17:06

Train611 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Always good photos MB...
>
> I lived in the area unitil 1970. Is that still the
> main that was there from those days?
>
> thanks,
>
> 611
Thanks. I'm guessing that the main line there dates from the late 1960's when the highway construction begun, but someone else would have to confirm that fact. They are supposed to move it closer to the St-Jacques escarpment (at left) as part of the process of rebuilding the Turcot interchange.

Date: 04/19/15 17:45
Author: Ray_Murphy

As luck would have it, I had a few minutes free Saturday morning, and caught the same train crossing the Lachine Canal a few minutes earlier.

Ray

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0479 seconds