Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW of sorts

Date: 05/30/16 03:08
MLW of sorts
Author: hoggerdoug

Couple of images, "posted with permission"  of LRC JV-1, taken at the TH&B Hunter Street station in Hamilton, Ontario, slide is labelled Dec 1979.  I knew the LRC was being demonstrated and road tested, although I do not know the circumstances of how it arrived to be on the TH&B.  Unless it was going stateside via Niagara Falls.  Perhaps some of TO members may know the rest of the story.   Doug

Date: 05/30/16 03:25
Re: MLW of sorts
Author: kgmontreal

Don't forget that the LRC project was a consortium of MLW, Alcan and Dofasco.  Dofasco designed and built the trucks for the locomotive and cars.  Being located in Hamilton it seems natural that Dofasco would get a look at the prototype in their hometown.

KG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/16 03:45 by kgmontreal.

Date: 05/30/16 05:21
Author: tsokolan

I recently read (in a Morning Sun book, so the facts may not be correct) the LRC demo was stored at the Dofosco plant in Hamilton in between demo runs.

-Trevor

Date: 05/30/16 05:51
Author: Thumper

However Dofasco (now  ArcelorMittal)   can be reached equally by both CN (Genesee & Wyoming Inc) & TH&B now CP.

I seem to recall clearance tests being conducted at the time using the TH&B Belt Line which
operates north from CPA's Kinnear Yard at Gage Avenue in Hamilton.
The LRC passenger  rolling stock remains to this day, the locomotives except for those preserved, not.

Bryce Lee

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0325 seconds