Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday Cartier RS-18 units.

Date: 04/24/17 04:56
MLW Monday Cartier RS-18 units.
Author: kgmontreal

In recent weeks Richard has posted some Cartier shots of their M-636 units. Here are three views of their RS-18 units. They were bought new from MLW with low noses. The first two photos are of the "Train Travailleurs" or "Workers' Train" approaching, and in, Charles siding on a northbound trip during a summer evening in 2001. The passenger train picked up and distributed engineering (track) workers along the isolated system.

In the third shot three RS-18 units blast north out of the Cartier's tunnel between Baker and Charles with the empty log train. It was headed north for loading and would return later to the pulp mill at Port Cartier.

Ken Goslett

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/17 05:00 by kgmontreal.

Date: 04/24/17 05:27
Re: MLW Monday Cartier RS-18 units.
Author: refarkas

That workers' train was a surprise. When I looked at the image, I wondered what a passenger train was doing on the Cartier.
Bob

Date: 04/24/17 07:22
Author: ghCBNS

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That workers' train was a surprise. When I looked
> at the image, I wondered what a passenger train
> was doing on the Cartier.
> Bob

Here’s a link to a 2011 post by Phil Mason on Cartier’s passenger cars. They even operated sleeping cars at one time.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,2595932

Date: 04/24/17 18:44
Author: feclark

You sure were playing tag with the shadows, n'est-ce pas? Neat shots, though I must throw in my two cents' worth and say that the factory chop nose with number boards in the nose, and blank face above the cab windows, was a bit of a stylistic miss. CP's treatment on the rebuilt 1800s ruled.
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds