1) Medonte Stn
2) Medonte Stn
3) Toronto -Islington Ave

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 07/24/17 17:34
Re: The Canadian CP Style
Author: feclark

Gorgeous; an F-Unit Friday on Monday, and very welcome shots these are. The 5" stripes really did look better, didn't they?
Fred

Date: 07/24/17 17:48
Author: refarkas

An "A+" posting.
Thanks for sharing these.
Bob

Date: 07/24/17 22:59
Author: krm152

Great memories! Thanks for posting these outstanding photos.
ALLEN

Date: 07/25/17 00:53
Author: zartok-35

Nice coverage of the Toronto section. Freight geared FP7s, and Diner on the end for easy assembly in Sudbury.

Date: 07/25/17 03:00
Author: andersonb109

When I rode the Toronto section in Summer of 1977 we had a Park Car on the rear. A different car than had come from Vancouver which continued to Montreal. It was still under CP ownership at that point with one coach painted in VIA blue.

Date: 07/25/17 04:20
Author: DrawingroomA

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I rode the Toronto section in Summer of 1977
> we had a Park Car on the rear. A different car
> than had come from Vancouver which continued to
> Montreal. It was still under CP ownership at that
> point with one coach painted in VIA blue.

After the summer of 1972, the CPR operated the Toronto-Sudbury Park car only from mid-June to mid-September and for two weeks over Christmas. Although I wasn't happy about that, it is understandable given the small number of passengers in the one sleeper which was usual in the off-peak season. On one winter trip there were only four of us in the sleeper ex-Toronto. A friend was the only sleeper passenger out of Toronto on a mid-1970s trip in February.

In the third photo it appears the Château sleeper was at the end of the train. The dining car was often at the rear. The locomotive in that photo is cleaner than many were at that time.

Date: 07/25/17 15:16
Author: King_Coal

Great photos Mike! Glad you got some clean locomotives. When was the last time you were up at Medonte?

Date: 07/25/17 16:18
Author: algoma11

I was at Medonte about 3 yrs ago. Everything but the main and siding is gone. The CN Midland sub, the small interchange yard, station and all. Pretty bleak place now!

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0364 seconds