Date: 02/12/18 16:07
Re: Laggan Sub - Feb 12
Author: KickingHorse

Oddball configuration on this one - 1+2+0

Date: 02/12/18 16:11

For Tim-

Lots of China Shipping / COSCO on this one.

Date: 02/12/18 17:21
Author: mp35mountain

Ahhhh Kicking Horse. Thanks much! Have done some research over the last couple of days and found out from their websites COSCO Shipping/ China Container Shipping Lines and K line are still big Canadian Pacific users. I know it's probably heresy but I find that the containers are more interesting than the motive power.

Date: 02/13/18 01:41
Author: fraserthompson

Great pics of Banff, we were in BC & Alberta last year from UK and got some great footage and photos. In pic #2 are you sure my wife is not standing behind you. While I'm filming she always waves at the trains (apparently done it since she was little at Golden Arrow going through Paddock Wood in Kent)so all shots are with arm out of window!! On plus side engineer usually sounds horn. Keep theses pics coming it cheers me up over here during winter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/18 02:31 by fraserthompson.

Date: 02/13/18 07:48

fraserthompson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On plus side engineer usually sounds
> horn.

In Banff that happens anyway. A couple of years after Canmore got approval for "No Horns" through their town, the Town of Banff applied for the same ruling. Transport Canada said NO WAY -there's far too many people wandering around not paying attention to their surroundings. So with road crossings at each end of Banff siding we get Long-Long-Short-Long twice as trains roll through town.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds