Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Canadian Railroads > "on this day"

Date: 06/19/18 04:25
"on this day"
Author: hoggerdoug

June 19, 2008 heading north on the RMR. I know my images are getting repetitive, same scenery again, I never got tired of the scenery and perhaps with every image taken I was trying for the "ultimate shot" whatever that is. Anyhow, downloaded a simple and free photo editing tool and have been trying some enhancements of these images today. Any thoughts or critique welcome.

images 01, 02 & 03, tunnel at mile 125.6 BC Rail Squamish sub.

Date: 06/19/18 04:27
Re: "on this day"

04, 05 & 06 south portal Shalalth tunnel mile 140.2 and two images inside the bore.

Date: 06/19/18 04:30

last 3 images of the short tunnel at mile 168.39 on the Lillooet sub. some back glare on the windshield.
thanks for looking. Doug

Date: 06/19/18 09:55
Author: TCnR

Wow, great stuff. Certainly kept you alert for that next photo, or rocks.

Date: 06/19/18 09:58
Author: GP30Frank

Great scenery,like normal for your area . Do you know how long ago that this railroad was constructed ??

Date: 06/19/18 10:38

GP30Frank Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great scenery,like normal for your area . Do you
> know how long ago that this railroad was
> constructed ??

The railway (PGE) construction was started in Squamish 1912 and arrived in Clinton 1915 or 1916 so the images seen on this thread was constructed in that time frame. Clinton is a mile 202 on the Lillooet sub, approx 34 miles north of the last image in this thread.
A link to the Clinton Museum. https://www.clintonmuseumbc.org/gallery/pacific-greater-eastern-railroad-near-clinton
Doug

Date: 06/19/18 12:53
Author: GP30Frank

Thanks , Doug

Date: 06/19/18 20:38
Author: feclark

They certainly seem a little sharper, and the colour more vibrant, but I'm not sure if that's just me thinking it because you said you did something.
Fred

Date: 06/19/18 22:18
Author: greasemonkey

Your images will never get repetitive! I, like yourself, find the scenery beautiful. Please keep them coming, this is pure gold.

Brian

Date: 06/21/18 07:18
Author: spdaylight

Keep 'em coming Doug . . between the hogger's perspective and the ultimate in scenery . . especially around Seton and Anderson Lakes, it doesn't get any better!!

Craig
mcmrailvideos.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0496 seconds