Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Canadian Railroads > Trecothic Creek & Windsor Railway

Date: 07/10/18 06:02
Trecothic Creek & Windsor Railway
Author: hoggerdoug

Sunday July 8, I drove up to Windsor, NS for a day at the track.  Have 21 images to post so please be patient.  The club track is 7-1/4 gauge with about 2,800 feet of mainline. Leaving the station area the track loops around and crosses over a diamond, loops around again crossing over the diamond again, running past the station and "dog bone" around the shop track area and storage containers and back to the station. A leisurely run takes about 7 minutes. On this run day the Royal Hudson was fired up and did passenger service all day. The Mikado was down for repairs and not running. During the day we had upwards of seven trains running at the same time and lots of passengers to haul.

The shop track area has a hydraulic hoist, 5 raised steaming bays and three containers for storing the trains etc.
01, 02 & 03  adjusting the safety valves on the Royal Hudson

Date: 07/10/18 06:07
Re: Trecothic Creek & Windsor Railway

04 Steeple cab loco, wonderful train and pulls one car of passengers as well as an Engineers car
05 English type loco, including a sound system. train is just coming off the dog bone heading to the station
06 the Hudson with three loaded cars in tow

Date: 07/10/18 06:11

07  new addition to the club, gas / hydraulic and easily pulls 4 loaded cars.
08  Lil Gasser,  many hours of running every run day
09  Royal Hudson at the station

Date: 07/10/18 06:15

10  at the station
11 view of the station area, it was a short line up at the time
12 "Toby" on what we call the picnic loop, oval track separte from the mainline, picnic area for birthday parties etc.

Date: 07/10/18 06:18

13 another view of "Toby"
14 a complete train done nicely in the DAR colours
15 DAR 1278

Date: 07/10/18 06:23

16 & 17 another view
18  "Engineer Car', complete with, reverser, throttle, load meter, air brakes etc. Meter on the right shows "scale" miles per hour

Date: 07/10/18 06:29

19 & 20 my little engine, one 24 volt electric motor running on two deep cycle batteries. Some parts came as a kit, other parts I fabricated such as the frame, end frames, hand rails and other bits and pieces. Still have some more details to add.
21 anyhow "on this day" I did not get any selfies to post.  Image here is from last year June 11, 2017 the first day I had the engine out and running after building. Yes that is that "grumpy old hogger(doug)".

Thanks for looking.

Date: 07/10/18 10:03
Author: santafedan

Thanks for posting this on the model page. I wouild have missed it.

Date: 07/10/18 10:48

santafedan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for posting this on the model page. I
> wouild have missed it.

I did not want to use livin large and get that wrong way murphy upset

Date: 07/10/18 17:36
Author: BAB

Be easy on him he just got back from a very long trip from OR to TX.

Date: 07/10/18 19:01
Author: roustabout

Thank you so much for sharing pics of this. 

Date: 07/11/18 08:56
Author: 4489

Love "The Royal Hudson"

Date: 07/11/18 14:33
Author: Langleyrailfan

That's a very good looking Dominion Atlantic trainset!
Great shots. Thanks for posting Doug.
Cheers, Langleyrailfan.

Date: 07/13/18 06:28
Author: rapidotrains

I would also like to thank you for posting on the models forum. It looks like a great day out, and that Royal Hudson is stunning!

Date: 07/15/18 16:50
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Doug --
Thank you VERY much for posting these great photos of a wonderful live-steam operation!   I didn't know you were a live steamer!

Until I saw your photos, I had no idea anyone had mde a live-steam model of the Royal Hudson, as I had never thought of that.  Come to think of it, it would be very surprising if no one had built a live-steam model of her.  That model is gorgeous!  The blue is very pretty.

Those locomotives are all great.   Your little locomotive is really nice-looking -- and I LOVE her being blue.  That is a pretty color.  (Perchance -- is your favorite color blue?)

Love the diesel with the throttle, reverser, air brakes, and even a gauge that reads out speed in scale mikes per hour -- cool!

It's great that someone made a Toby!  Loe the paint scheme on the green and yellow diesel.

Licve steam is fun to watch and ride!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0634 seconds