Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Canadian Railroads > on this day

Date: 12/13/18 03:21
on this day
Author: hoggerdoug

December 13, 2008 north bound on the Prince George sub on the former BC Rail, two video clips

first clip, just north of Soda Creek, I had expected some snow drifting. Initially we had some deer on the tracks and shut the headlight off as well as couple toots on the whistle. Headlight on and into the snow drifts. I was trying to apply the automatic brake, hold onto the camera and duck. Too be quite honest I found it  quite startling and not sure how deep the drift was getting.

second clip, about one mile south of Gibraltar and 35 mph.

thanks for looking.
Doug

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/13/18 05:59
Re: on this day
Author: bridgeportsub

Great videos. i always watch them. thanks for posting them.

Randy

Date: 12/13/18 08:52
Author: Marcus

Great footage.  Thanks.

Date: 12/13/18 18:19
Author: TCnR

Would there be a difference due to the engine design, short nose or long nose for example, or with the shape of the plow? I thought the plows were intended to throw to the side and not so much straight up.

Great stuff, thanks for posting.

Date: 12/13/18 20:38
Author: roustabout

We had some late season snowstorms in 2012 and heavy, wet snow in the coast range.  I was the engineer on the Toledo Hauler on P&W's Toledo Branch and we plowed snow to the point that we couldn't get out the front door of our GP39 one trip.  We even had a track crew working ahead of us cutting downed trees but they got so far ahead of us that they had to double back to clear the trees that came down behind them.  We didn't get very far that trip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/18 20:40 by roustabout.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds