Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Canadian Railroads > Miserable Alberta Monday's-Once Upon A Time at Aldersyde

Date: 02/18/19 13:19
Miserable Alberta Monday's-Once Upon A Time at Aldersyde
Author: arwye

November 11, 1973, and Aldersyde is still an active junction, complete with an Operator and train order signals. Some freight still stays on the Macleod Sub via High River and Claresholm to Fort Macleod. Junctioning again there with the Crowsnest Sub. The removal of this line is still a couple of years into the future, before most of it is abandoned and torn up south of High River. The alternatively used Aldersyde Sub seeing grain extra's and Lethbridge trains via Coalhurst. Richard Yaremko

Date: 02/18/19 14:01
Re: Miserable Alberta Monday's-Once Upon A Time at Aldersyde
Author: stevelv

Interesting and historical photo.  The 2nd unit is a BAR geep and the 3rd and 4th units look to be ex QNS&L geeps.

Date: 02/18/19 15:45
Author: refarkas

Well done - The caption makes this even better.
Bob

Date: 02/18/19 17:03
Author: fredstoltz

Wow, what a great consist from the 70’s.  Brings back great memories of consists similiar to this one, we used to build in Moose Jaw Shops, when I worked there.  I loved the exQNS&L geeps. Fred

Date: 02/25/19 20:05
Author: feclark

Gorgeous, and well-handled with the wrong-side light. By the time I got here in 1980, the elevators were gone, but the station was still active for operators, and trains still ran south through High River. I fluked into a grain box SB by the station at High River; I'll have to scan some time.
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.188 seconds