Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Canadian Railroads > Mid week Canadian in Toronto

Date: 09/19/19 16:40
Mid week Canadian in Toronto
Author: WP17

During the few days I spent in Toronto at the beginning of this week, I was able to see the Canadian arrive in Toronto on Tuesday (arrived just over 2 hours early -- how about that) and watch it leave on Wednesday for Vancouver. Here are a couple of shots of the train and its consist:

Image 1: Train 2 leaving Union station about 45 minutes after arriving and heading to the VIA Maintenance Facility. #2 is threading through not only the station throat but also the maze of overhead skywalks and bridges.
Image 2: Train 2 included a second Chateau sleeper positioned between the 6 Manor sleepers and the rear Skyline dome car. This was in addition to the usual non-revenue Chateau sleeper positioned between the rear diner and the Prestige sleepers.
Image 3: Train 1 leaving on Wednesday morning just after passing under the Bathurst St bridge. If you look carefully you will see that I was lucky to just barely get the whole train in the photo. The second Chateau sleeper was not in this consist.

WP17

Date: 09/19/19 20:23
Re: Mid week Canadian in Toronto
Author: amtrak34east

I'm on #1 out of Toronto on March 29th, can't wait for the ride! 

Date: 09/20/19 06:38
Author: viatrainrider

Thanks for your images!

Posted from Android

Date: 09/20/19 08:16
Author: DrawingroomA

Thank you from me as well. I have to wait almost two months for my next trip. There will be a lot more darkness by then but at least we can use the Park car any time.

Date: 09/20/19 10:27
Author: WETSU

We departed Vancouver last Friday (9/13) for Winnipeg on #2.  Everything about our journey was wonderful.  While the Prestige Park Car furnishings showed some signs of heavy use, overall it was very comfortable.  The Park Car staff was friendly and efficient.  We were on time departing Jasper but quickly went maybe four hours down, waiting for a seemingly endless parade of westbound freights.  We recovered most of that and arrived in Winnipeg "only" 50 minutes late.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0533 seconds