Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Canadian Railroads > Crew Districts Comparison

Date: 07/20/20 11:32
Crew Districts Comparison
Author: Zephyr

Hello fellow railroaders in Canada!

I'm doing a little study comparing crew districts between the UP, BNSF, CN and CP operating between the West Coast and Chicago.  I have BNSF and UP crew districts, but I don't have any information on CN from Prince Rupert to Chicago and CP/CN from Vancouver to Chicago.  Does anyone know these crew districts, and, if so could you share with me? 

Thanks much in advance!

Pete
Clio, California

Date: 07/20/20 21:02
Re: Crew Districts Comparison
Author: gmd1

Some crew districts are dependent on train type. On CP the crew change points from Chicago to Vancouver are: Chicago (Bensenville), Portage, St Paul, Enderlin, Portal, Moose Jaw, sometimes Swift Current, Medicine Hat, Calgary (Alyth), Field, Revelstoke, Kamloops, North Bend / Boston Bar, Vancouver (Coquitlam / Roberts Bank)

JLS

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/21/20 11:58

gmd1

Thank-you for your details!

Pete

Date: 07/21/20 13:22
Author: 1-12016

I can give u cn info pr rupert-terrace-smithers-endako-pr george-mcbride bc ------jasper-edson-edmonto-wainwright-biggar-mellville-winnipeg--rainy river-fort francis-nopeming jct.and further down on the old wisconsin central

Date: 07/22/20 08:51
Author: DevalDragon

On the former Wisconsin Central crew changes would be at Ranier MN, Superior WI, Stevens Point WI, Fond du Lac WI and Markham IL.

Date: 07/22/20 17:28

Thanks for all of the information!  Appreciate your responses!

Pete

Date: 07/23/20 10:33

Does a typical eastbound Prince Rupert to Chicago intermodal train change crews at all these points, or are there some "long" pools that avoid some of these crew change points?

Thanks.

Pete

Date: 07/24/20 08:03
Author: 1-12016

response to that is jasper to winnipeg are split up in double subs  around 250 miles each

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds