Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Canadian Railroads > Canadian Pacific Westbound at Heron Bay.

Date: 07/22/20 05:52
Canadian Pacific Westbound at Heron Bay.
Author: cn6218

On August 6, 2017 ES44AC 8792 was leading another GEVO and container traffic west at the east end of Heron Bay siding, in hot persuit of a manifest which had just gone by a few minutes earlier.  From the talk on the scanner, it sounded like this train would be overtaking the manifest at the next siding, Marathon.  I guess you have to be in the "club" to know what the train numbers are.  Unlike CN, my limited experience with CP is that trains (and the RTC) only identify themselves by lead locomotive number, not train number.

GTD

Date: 07/23/20 10:34
Re: Canadian Pacific Westbound at Heron Bay.
Author: feclark

I love your remark about being in the club; you'd have to watch consistently over a long period to eventually figure it out, when someone accidentally lets a train number slip over the airwaves. The upside is you know what's on the point and this may influence your setup/choice of angle. Years ago, hearing "CP 1400 West, clear to Ashcroft" was pretty electrifying. We were already past it, heading east to Walhachin, but rescued the day.
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds