Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Canadian Railroads > Flare Friday

Date: 08/07/20 03:03
Flare Friday
Author: hoggerdoug

EL 3612 (SD45) leading a 5 unit consist at Burlington, Ontario, late June or early July 1972. This train is westbound on the CN Oakville sub and perhaps at Hamilton Junction would diverge to the TH&B trackage and run east to Niagara Falls border crossing.  This was one of numerous detour trains run on CN & CP for a few weeks account damages from Hurricane Agnes in the eastern USA.
Kodak Instamatic Memories.  

Date: 08/07/20 03:05
Re: Flare Friday

I'm wondering how well the image turned out for this fellow and his vantage point. Perhaps a "caption this" image.
Thanks for looking.
Doug

Date: 08/07/20 07:27

Here is what the other fellow (Bruce Mercer) got from up on the signal tower.  BTW, I jumped the photo line in the leftside of the image.
Taken July 10, 1972 and this train did go to the TH&B in Hamilton, then east to Welland on the TH&B  to the Penn Central and then back to the EL in Buffalo.
Doug

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/20 07:29 by hoggerdoug.

Date: 08/07/20 11:14
Author: stanhunter

Interesting lettering on the 2558.

Date: 08/09/20 14:38
Author: thebluecomet

The name above the maroon band was "as delivered" around that time frame.  It was moved to the band shortly thereafter.  I guess management didn't like it.  I would have to agree.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0347 seconds