Home Open Account Help 171 users online

Canadian Railroads > Monday Meet

Date: 11/16/20 08:15
Monday Meet
Author: hoggerdoug

Early September 2005,  I did a several days on the Geometry Train, inspecting miles and miles of track on BC Rail from Lillooet to Prince George to Fort Saint James to end of track on the Takla sub, back to Odell then north to Chetwynd and then finally back to Prince George. It was a long long few days, but a nice change of pace and great scenery.
Images taken at Garbitt siding on the BC Rail Chetwynd subdivision where we cleared a southbound freight train. After the train went by we backed out of the siding and continued north to Chetwynd.

Date: 11/16/20 08:16
Re: Monday Meet

Three images of the train rolling by.
thanks for looking.
Doug

Date: 11/16/20 09:34
Author: TCnR

Interesting to see those two hopper cars in the last photo, guessing the reproting marks are for Lafarge Cement. I didn't know the furthest car design had made it into BCRail country, Rapido recently made models of that car.

The Takla Sub would have been very desolete but would certainly be interesting 'rare' mileage. Suppose just checking for the rail being in place would have been a concern.
t4p.

Date: 11/16/20 10:39
Author: 3rdswitch

It was a very pleasant change to catch extras like this. Curious, did you guys stay in the cars? or, were you able to be near civilization each night?
JB

Date: 11/16/20 10:55

The fellows / technicians  that operated the inspection machine / computers on the Geo Car stayed on board, bunks, small kitchen and washroom facility. Train and Engine crew stayed in motels and at Lovell we stayed in a company camp. As the job is advertised "accommodation and meals provided".
Doug

3rdswitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was a very pleasant change to catch extras like
> this. Curious, did you guys stay in the cars? or,
> were you able to be near civilization each night?
> JB

Date: 11/16/20 21:42
Author: 3rdswitch

Thanks. Some extra's can be an adventure. I was called for a one day one round trip "extra Harbor" train one summer day and on arrival at the on duty point "ooops, it's not a "Harbor extra", it's a three day eighty five miles away Oceanside work train.
JB

Date: 11/18/20 08:41
Author: eminence_grise

I used to see BC Rail pressure unloading cars at Pavilion and Lime BC, did the BCR sell some on to Lafarge? 

Date: 11/18/20 11:30

Yes, those cars were sold off I think about the time CN tookover BCR.
Doug
eminence_grise Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I used to see BC Rail pressure unloading cars at
> Pavilion and Lime BC, did the BCR sell some on to
> Lafarge? 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0328 seconds