Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Canadian Railroads > Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia in 2007

Date: 11/28/20 10:36
Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia in 2007
Author: cn6218

Although the CBNS runs mostly in the dark these days, east of New Glasgow, it used to be a prime location for an all-day chase east and west.  On September 2, 2007 I did one of those chases, following the train east to Havre Boucher in the morning, and then returning in the afternoon.  At Afton, mile 100 of the Hopewell Sub, train 305,powered by 5 EMD products is in the dip next to the siding.  Sometime in the last 10 years, the middle section of the siding was removed, leaving two short stubs for MoW or bad ordered cars to be set off.  A little farther west, the same train is crossing the Merigomish River in Pictou Co.

GTD

Date: 11/28/20 11:08
Re: Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia in 2007
Author: briancdn

Love the first photo! This is a line I never got to see. I got some roster shots on the Devco, but never chased a train on the CB&NS.
Brian N.

Date: 11/28/20 11:13
Re: Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia in 2007
Author: feclark

I agree with Brian about the first photo, but the second one is really good work, too. You made a nice grouping of the signs and such in the lower left, to balance the train without detracting from it, and that through-deck bridge is nice, too.
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds