Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Canadian Railroads > CN 3168 in Pueblo Co Question

Date: 05/08/21 17:21
CN 3168 in Pueblo Co Question
Author: ns2557

Hello all, I usually don't post on this board but I have a question. Not meaning to be ignorant in these matters, but exactly what does the Decal on the nose side of this unit and others stand for?  I may have missed it over the past few years as to the significance of it, but just can't recall the what anymore. Can any of you gents here on the Canadian side educate me on this?  Thanks for any insight, Ben

Date: 05/08/21 17:54
Re: CN 3168 in Pueblo Co Question
Author: cn6218

If I tried to explain it, I'd probably get something wrong, so this is how CN explains it on their web site:

https://www.cn.ca/en/delivering-responsibly/community/aboriginal-relations/

GTD

Date: 05/08/21 17:55
Re: CN 3168 in Pueblo Co Question
Author: CedarRapids

That is the Aboriginal Affairs logo that was adopted in 2013.  From the CN website: "Our Aboriginal Affairs' logo has been inspired by the relationships CN maintains with all Aboriginal peoples in Canada. The First Nations are represented by the eagle feather, the Métis are represented by the infinity symbol and the Inuit by the Inukshuk. A CN team, including Human Resources and Aboriginal Affairs, worked with the University of Winnipeg's Indigenous Studies group to create the logo.The three symbols representing the three Aboriginal peoples of Canada are placed with the CN logo showing CN's commitment to developing and maintaining respectful and sustainable relationships with Aboriginal peoples across its network."

Elizabeth

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds