Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Canadian Railroads > Fun In The Rain

Date: 06/13/21 16:15
Fun In The Rain
Author: Blackfoot

I was hanging around Mt Pleasant Road in Toronto with another railfan this morning when the weather suddenly took a turn for the worse.  What started off as bright sunshine soon turned into light rain, and when the signals lit up green for an eastbound, the light rain changed into a a downpour.  Now we had a dilemma - seek shelter under the Mt Pleasant bridge, or keep getting soaked and wait for the train.  Ignoring common sense we stood around in the pouring rain and waited for the train.  When it finally showed up it was one quick grab shot and then a dash for shelter.  Fifteen minutes later the skies cleared up and the ground was covered in a sea of mist.

Cheers,
Dwayne

Date: 06/13/21 17:18
Re: Fun In The Rain
Author: feclark

Those are awesome shots, especially the first (is that the LCBO/old CP station tower in the background?); you are to be congratulated!
Fred

Date: 06/13/21 17:40
Author: Blackfoot

feclark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those are awesome shots, especially the first (is
> that the LCBO/old CP station tower in the
> background?); you are to be congratulated!
> Fred

Correct Fred, the clock tower that's just barely visible behind the trees is CP's old North Toronto station, which is now an LCBO store.

Dwayne

Date: 06/13/21 18:03
Author: 3rdswitch

Very nice duo.
JB

Date: 06/14/21 04:15
Author: jmbreitigan

Congratulations on the IOTD. Your second image would have been worthy candidate also in my opinion.
John

Date: 06/14/21 06:43
Author: MSE

Those are two of the best "weather" shots this meteorologist has ever seen. Nicely done!

Date: 06/14/21 10:27
Author: rob_l

Outstanding.

Best regards,

Rob L.

Date: 06/14/21 11:34
Author: jbohdan2

As I read before scrolling down, I was hoping you shot the ground fog effect.  I really like that.

Date: 06/14/21 16:43
Author: ns1000

Great pics!!

Date: 06/15/21 14:13
Author: PossumKing

Excellent photos and congrats on IoTD. 

trains move in all weather conditions and capturing the variety is.... fun. 👍😉

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds