Home Open Account Help 333 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Video of bad track in Serbia

Date: 06/03/18 20:07
Video of bad track in Serbia
Author: inCHI

I've seen a decent amount of photos and videos of trains in different European countries, and can hardly think of anything that looks like bad track. So, this video was an interesting surprise.

Search for this:
"Splashing rail joints - the best edition of Serbian Railways"

There are some closeups that seem reckless to film but... happen to also be fascinating. In the US I've seen bad mud pumping but I don't know that I ever saw it right where switch points are, which this video shows. There are both container trains and passenger trains going over it. The video description claims this is a notorious location of poor maintenance where improvements have been promised but haven't occurred. I'm surprised at what traffic uses it.

Date: 06/05/18 09:32
Re: Video of bad track in Serbia
Author: Hartington

We have a wet spot at Castle Cary here in the UK. When it's about to be sorted out you can see a noticeable dip as each carriage connection passes over.
Every month the NMT (Track geometry and other things) comes through at track speed (90mph) and when things get to a certain point Network Rail come in and retamp the track. I gather it's been like this for "years" (I can vouch for at least 10 years).

The video seems to have been taken with a zoom lens which probably makes it look worse than it is.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds