Home Open Account Help 372 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Last pictures from trip to Europe - Unterscweinstiegschneise

Date: 10/14/19 09:18
Last pictures from trip to Europe - Unterscweinstiegschneise
Author: DocJohn

I always like to spend the night before the flight back to USA at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel at Frankfurt Airport.  Generally,I don't arrive until near dusk, but the LH flight from Stockholm got in just after 3,so I had time to walk to the RR junction at the other side of Frankfurt's urban forest from the hotel.  There is a wide paved path that begins across the street from the hotel and after walking about a mile you come to the junction.  It is actually part of a larger junction, but I have never gone through the underpass to find the other parts of the junction.  The paved path is the Unterscweinstiegschneise.  It appears that one of the min tracks has been severed and that all trains heading towards Frankfurt Hbf have to take the connecting track (foreground).  Pictures show city-bound train, airport-bound train, and the track work.

John

Date: 10/14/19 21:25
Re: Last pictures from trip to Europe - Unterscweinstiegschneise
Author: krm152

JOHN:
Glad you got to get in some railfanning.
Enjoyed your photos.
MARK

Date: 10/15/19 04:34
Re: Last pictures from trip to Europe - Unterscweinstiegschneise
Author: DocJohn

Thank you, Mark. I didn't get to go to usual spots so I had to find some new ones. John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0395 seconds