Home Open Account Help 304 users online

European Railroad Discussion > European Railway Station Where is it No. 20

Date: 04/26/20 03:03
European Railway Station Where is it No. 20
Author: andersonb109

This should be easy for a anyone who knows me. I have been in and out of this great station more than any other in Europe including the U.K. excepting Frankfurt Main, London Paddington and their connecting airport stations. A total of 18 times. First was in 2003 departing on a steam charter that ran through the western part of the country. But you must correctly identify the exact name of the station (in English), not just it's location. It appears on every ticket for trains originating or arriving there. As the only statiion in town, it truly is the heart of this great city.

Date: 04/26/20 07:36
Re: European Railway Station Where is it No. 20
Author: GettingShort

Kiev Pasazhyrskyi station. I really like this station too. The long concourse over the tracks has plenty of shops where you can buy anything you need for a trip no matter how long it is. Kiev is a great city.

Date: 04/26/20 08:21

In English....Kiev Passenger. There's a nice railway display with several steam and diesel locos on disused tracks at the rear of the concourse. It opened a week before I returned to Kiev in 2012 after a 6 year absence (long story). A  large new entrance at the opposite end of the concourse was constructed and opened in the early 2000's. A steam loco is displayed nearby that entrance on a large elaborate plinth. It's amazing to me how many sleeper trains with rakes of sleeping cars depart from that station in early to late evening for destinations mostlhy in Ukraine, but also to Warsaw, Budapest (both with just through cars), and before the Madian Revolution Moscow. Not sure if that train...the Ukrania h as been reinstated. 

Date: 04/26/20 09:20

Here are a few from the above mentioned railway exhibit. Not sure how that last one with the model got included?

Date: 04/26/20 09:22

One more showing newer part of station at rear.

Date: 04/27/20 06:40
Author: GettingShort

The toilets arn't so bad in the Kiev station. Certainly NOTHING like that horror in Odessa. I sure you've experienced the one that's at the end of the platforms. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0524 seconds