Home Open Account Help 316 users online

European Railroad Discussion > GE Gorilla in the Mist

Date: 11/28/20 10:56
GE Gorilla in the Mist
Author: exhaustED

Once more refusing to be be beaten into winter hibernation by less than perfect light/weather, my camera was twitching again this morning when I heard about a light engine movement from Cardiff to Crewe in the west of the UK.

Similar to last Saturday, Colas sent one of their powerful GE class 70s northwards from Wales to the Midlands so I thought of a spot where the misty low light conditions might make for a reasonable shot. So I put my wellies on, braved some ferocious looking sheep and headed just a couple of miles south of Ludlow to Ashford Bowdler, where a footpath crosses the tracks close to an interesting old bridge, which carries a farmers track over the line.

It's nice to get out for some fresh air and make the most of any opportunity at this time of year. Stay safe and keep smiling folks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/20 11:10 by exhaustED.

Date: 11/30/20 08:56
Re: GE Gorilla in the Mist
Author: 55002

Thanks for this - a very handsome bridge as well. chris uk

Date: 11/30/20 09:57
Re: GE Gorilla in the Mist
Author: exhaustED

55002 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for this - a very handsome bridge as well.
> chris uk

Yes, the thing that strikes me is the somewhat 'delicate' nature of the parapets... for a bridge that carries/carried agricultural equipment etc. It looks more like something Monet might have painted over a pond full of lillies! 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds