Home Open Account Help 366 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Swedish microrailbus in Oestersund, Sweden

Date: 03/05/23 11:29
Swedish microrailbus in Oestersund, Sweden
Author: grafvonb49

Please see the Snaggit capture attached.  I stumbled on this little critter while investigating Oestersund with Google Maps after watching a cab ride video from Sweden; the refurbished roundhouse was visible in the satellite view and I "descended" to the street level.  A little probing on Google got me nowhere in trying to learn more about this interesting vehicle.  Does anyone have any further info or pictures?  Thanks in advance for your possible assistance.
Sincerely,
Linton von Beroldingen, Davis, CA, USA

Date: 03/05/23 12:09
Re: Swedish microrailbus in Oestersund, Sweden
Author: NMlurker

First, I want one. Second, I will be in Oestersund at the end of May and I will be checking it out!

Date: 03/05/23 13:36
Author: Steinzeit2

I think terming this piece of equipment a "railbus" is a misnomer, as I would think a railbus would be used for public conveyance.

It is a 'motorized draisine', in Swedish motordressinen, abbreviated MDR, as seen on the flank of the unit.  This particular one, 3742, would appear to be a Type 203, built in 1961 by Hilding Carlsson [ who did build true railbusses;  they went out of business in 1971 ].  It is in the lemon yellow that Infranord, the Swedish track owning authority, seems to favor, so it may still be an active piece of equipment for them.

In the US a draisine is usually called a 'speeder'.

Best regards, SZ

Date: 03/07/23 13:28
Author: MEKoch

Yes.  Can we have an old one shipped to Ohio?  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.049 seconds