Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > A view from across the Pond

Date: 05/11/16 14:47
A view from across the Pond
Author: Corpach

Good evening from the start if what will be a long but hopefully uneventful night shift (3rd trick) after all the flooding that affected our network today. For a while I lurked on this site as I discovered a myriad of historical information on US Railroads and eventually decided to join the Trainorders railroad family. I have enjoyed the descriptions of the way things are done on your side and can certainly empathise with the struggles to keep the railroad fluid. One day I hope to read that TAW has written the definitive book on his varied railroad career, MDO has finally published the Mad Dog Chronicles and RollinB has given us the inside track on all things not just SP. The photos on this site are very impressive and are streets ahead of my paltry efforts when I get across to the USA for a tour but I'll share a couple for posterity.  A westbound exits the tunnel at Gallitzin from last years trip and the Essex helpers are glimpsed thorugh the trees on a gorgeous Montana morning from a couple of years ago.

Date: 05/18/16 11:28
Re: A view from across the Pond
Author: africansteam

Nice work!

Cheers,
Jack

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0291 seconds