Home Open Account Help 229 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Perks that are perky

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 12/18/19 06:59
Perks that are perky
Author: atsfer

In railroading, in operations anyway, not too many perks exist most of the time.   But, the one that many of us may have got to experience and even look forward too was the flasher....female variety.   Used to operate over a roadbed in the middle of a lake, and so in the summer, the ladies on the boats would sometimes flash which would get the radio chattering.  Then, there were a couple of bridges you would approach hoping for a little day brightener.  Long after one such occurrence, the conductor I was with the day it happened was going by me in the opposite direction on his last run before retirement.    I radioed him and congratulated him on making his last run and then reminded him of the lady on the bridge and how she had big.....beautiful........eyes!!
   Anyone else have this problem?

Date: 12/18/19 07:05
Re: Perks that are perky
Author: goneon66

the view from the boaters on the colorado river during the summer from the bnsf's seligman sub COULD sometimes be great...........

Date: 12/18/19 08:22
Author: 3rdswitch

As was Santa Fe's Surf Line especially along San Clemente beach.
JB

Date: 12/18/19 08:28
Author: Ivar

Those type of perks were/are few and far between for me in the LA basin. Unfortunately my “treats” involved people like “Diaper Man” who liked to flash UP trains between Pedley and Riverside, usually at night or in the early morning. Like critical incidents, I can’t go by MP 51.5 without seeing those images in my head. Thanks Diaper Man!

Date: 12/18/19 09:54
Author: Fredo

Remember when he spray painted the concrete block wall with a big heart with  I,  the heart, diapers. = I Love Diapers, When they built the new track of homes he lost his spot in railroad history along with the art work on the wall. I never saw him again.He had a Datsun pick up truck and he would put the headlights on high beam and stand in front of it wearing only a diaper and one on his head over his face. Kinda like the "Masked singer". The "Cajon Wacker" was another one to look for when you got on the Santa Fe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/19 10:03 by Fredo.

Date: 12/18/19 10:20
Author: stevelv

I'm am not a rail but I took a round trip on the CZ between Helper, UT and Denver about 3 summers ago.  The Rio Grande parallels the Colorado River for over 200 miles.  The train was mooned by both genders at least 10-15 times a long the route by rafters, campers, boaters etc...

Date: 12/18/19 10:46
Author: Drknow

Have had many “perks” over the years, but it seems the Millennials don’t get as perky as Boomers and Gen-X.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/18/19 13:20
Author: CarolVoss

dstevelv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm am not a rail but I took a round trip on the
> CZ between Helper, UT and Denver about 3 summers
> ago.  The Rio Grande parallels the Colorado River
> for over 200 miles.  The train was mooned by both
> genders at least 10-15 times a long the route by
> rafters, campers, boaters etc...

And thats why the conductors would announce that it was called “Moon River”.
C

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Date: 12/18/19 19:45
Author: wa4umr

I was on the Zephyr about 15 years ago.  As we left Glenwood Springs, we passed a boat and the lady was laying in the boat getting a "full tan."  As we were passing she noticed that it was a passenger train, not a freight and everyone was looking at her.  She grabbed a towel and covered up for a while.  

John

Date: 12/19/19 01:26
Author: Ivar

Fredo Wrote:
> Remember when he spray painted the concrete block
> wall with a big heart with  I,  the heart,
> diapers. = I Love Diapers, When they built the new
> track of homes he lost his spot in railroad
> history along with the art work on the wall. I
> never saw him again.He had a Datsun pick up truck
> and he would put the headlights on high beam and
> stand in front of it wearing only a diaper and one
> on his head over his face. Kinda like the "Masked
> singer". The "Cajon Wacker" was another one to
> look for when you got on the Santa Fe.

More on the “Cajon Wacker” please!?

Date: 12/19/19 14:38
Author: patd3985

The "Bend Branch" from The Dalles to Bend, Ore. and return had a few dozen or so on the Deschutes River while rafting on hot summer days!

Date: 12/19/19 22:27
Author: wpamtk

The trestle between Orwood and Middle River on Santa Fe's Valley Division could be quite productive during boating season, facilitated by the 10mph speed restriction that was in place for several years.

Date: 12/21/19 16:19
Author: Zephyr

On the former SP Coast Line just south of Santa Barbara, there was a siding named Ortega.  The beach on the south side of the siding and main line was a nude beach for many years.  Trains that happened to have to take the siding for a meet had the opportunity for many "roll bys" prior to the actual meet!

Date: 12/22/19 08:19
Author: starsandbars

In Lawrence Ks use to have a elderly lady sitting on her porch and when you would go by she would lift her dress and show you that she was not wearing any underwear 

Date: 12/22/19 10:12
Author: Fredo

On a Saturday about 1993 UP called an Extra Mead Local out of Long Beach,Ca.Being a Satruday there were no extra board employees to call. The crew caller got us three off of the LA-Yermo Pools. As we were travling north on the San Pedro Branch at our 20 mph speed,we came upon an elderly woman pushing a shopping cart along the ROW on the fireman's side.My engineer Rod Pratt was blowing for the crossing and I looked down at the woman and she pulled her thick baggy sweater up over her head revealing a pair of large sagging " Not so Perkys". My Conductor, Ray Hodges said that made taking the call worth it. She was smiling ear to ear and laughing. I thought to my self, What a great sense of humor she had.

Date: 12/22/19 13:20
Author: santafe199

Working out of Missoula for MRL ('87 ~ '91) there was a well-known location "somewhere out there" where semi-regular nightly flashing episodes took place. I heard report after report after report about the quality of the scenery. But for the longest time all I could ever score was a dark window. But my chance finally came one night. SCORE !!...??? whoops ... UGH! Oh... I scored alright: 2 seat cushions on full display. Very HIRSUITE & not at all feminine...

:^(

Date: 12/22/19 14:00
Author: exhaustED

santafe199 Wrote:
> Working out of Missoula for MRL ('87 ~ '91) there
> was a well-known location "somewhere out
> there" where semi-regular nightly flashing
> episodes took place. I heard report after report
> after report about the quality of the scenery.
> But for the longest time all I could ever score
> was a dark window. But my chance finally came one
> night. SCORE !!...??? whoops ... UGH! Oh... I
> scored alright: 2 seat cushions on full display.
> Very HIRSUITE & not at all feminine...
>
> :^(

If you can't be with the one you love...

Date: 12/22/19 15:05
Author: santafe199

exhaustED Wrote: > ...  If you can't be with the one you love...

That's your department...

;^)

Date: 12/22/19 18:20
Author: LarryDoyle

There's a city park directly across the Animas River as the D&S train comes into Durango.  You might want to be sure you're on the river side of the train near a window on warm days as your train returns to town.

Jus' sayin'.

-LD

Date: 12/22/19 18:53
Author: exprail

Not really, mooning or watching the ladies display nature's best while on a train but I do recall an incident working for the Peoria and Eastern in Urbana, IL one night. I was working summer relief as a boomer switchman and the evening started out okay but quickly went down hill. We were switching the rips and the engineer got distracted, moved the reverser the wrong way and managed to "bump" (actually crash) into a wheel set and damage/derail it. That was the beginning of evening festivities. After that, we proceeded to start switching the yard only to have a pair of old, wood reefers derail on the lead and plow into the ground thus pretty well tying things up because we were the only crew on duty our engine was trapped and we had to wait for the section and mechanical folks to to show up and start to put things right. In the mean time the the crew climbed up on the roof of a caboose to view the dis-robing of university, coeds through the second story windows of their house. We always said incidents came in "threes" not sure if that last qualified as a "three" but the trainmaster didn't appear to be amused when he showed up and discovered the crew on the roof of the caboose. BTW, I wasn't one of the guys up on the roof...I was taking a nap inside the caboose.

exprail

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0573 seconds