Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Railroaders' Nostalgia > Amityville Horror

Date: 07/24/21 09:37
Amityville Horror
Author: starsandbars

1977 after the movie Amityville Horror came out, the Scare of the Excerist  of 1973 was back, it sacred people to go out at night and such. While working the 1100 pm switch engine at Topeka Ks. We were assigned to go work the elevator tracks and switch Purina that night. One of the switchmen we had had just gone to see the movie a couple days before and we took notice that it affected him and made him a little skirmish. In the movie when the family was on the outside after being driven, they looked up and at the windows in the attic they saw a pig looking at them.  So, we went to a local novelty store and bought a couple full head pig mask. That night as we were in the depths in of the yard, which had no lights in the yards so was totally dark , we had the switchman walk the track look for a phony car number, the switch foreman had placed a mask on and jumped out from between two (2) cars and scared the hell out of the guy and he took off for the locomotive screaming, we had two (2) GP9’s in the consist so I pulled on a mask and leaned forward behind the console, when the switchman got into the cab I thought he was having a heart attack the panic in his voice and being out of breath, but when I leaned back and oinked at him, that was it he shot out the front door and was gone. A couple hours later the night yardmaster yelled on the radio and asked if we lost a member of our crew, when we answered yes he explained he found the guy in the Topeka Depot Restroom locked in a stall and was not coming out. Will that morning before tieing up we all had to explain to the trainmaster what went on, he laughed and just warned us, just knock it off.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/21 10:08 by starsandbars.

Date: 07/24/21 22:36
Re: Amityville Horror
Author: cabsignaldrop

That's awesome! Thanks for the story!

Posted from Android

Date: 07/27/21 13:42
Re: Amityville Horror
Author: Juniata

Thanks for a very good laugh!!!

CW

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0958 seconds