Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Hartwell RR Derailment

Date: 04/19/06 08:28
Hartwell RR Derailment
Author: jch9596

I'm not a paying member, but if I were, I would get more of a story on the front page where there is already a mistake. Neither the Hartwell Railroad nor Toccoa is in South Carolina. Someone check a map. It's Georgia, albeit close to the SC state line.

Anyone know what happened?

Joe H.

Date: 04/19/06 10:01
Re: Hartwell RR Derailment
Author: btr5353

Here's a link to a story on News Channel 32. Apparently two cars of a Hartwell County train derailed and spilled corn, and several more derailed but did not spill their contents. Not much else to report from the story

http://www.wneg32.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WNEG/MGArticle/NEG_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137835443983&path=

Date: 04/19/06 17:03
Author: SVTS

We need more paying members here at TO to help Todd update his atlas. Seriously, mistakes happen. He may have received the news feed that way and not being familiar with the east, did not know where Tocca was. I only knew it was in Georgia because we go to Helen quite a bit, which is an Alpine Village near Tocca.

Date: 04/19/06 17:47
Author: jch9596

Thankfully it wasn't more serious. Thanks for the link. Those guys down there have some awesome-to-railfans power running.

Joe

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.025 seconds