Home Open Account Help 397 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Harriman, Tenn. info?

Date: 06/04/06 15:33
Harriman, Tenn. info?
Author: NS-33

Friend of mine is going to be in the Harriman,Tenn. area later this year and would like some help with good fanning spots. All I know about the place is it is on the busy NS line from Cinn. to Atlanta. Could any of you guys help with some info like radio freqs,"safe spots",ect.. Thanks much in advance. C.B.

Date: 06/04/06 17:49
Re: Harriman, Tenn. info?
Author: srman

160.950,160.245 and 160.830 should cover the freqs. Head over
to Oakdale about 6-8 miles on Hwy.328 just off U.S. 27 in
Harriman.Oakdale is a crew change point and generally you'll
see something there lined up to head south or north.U.S.27
pretty much follows the NS south out of Harriman so fairly
easy to catch something.Was down there a couple of months ago and stayed at the Super 8. Has a view of the NS right across
the street.

Date: 06/04/06 19:55
Author: gmojim

Yes, the Super 8 in Harriman is the place to stay. Tell them you are a railfan and they will put you in the room on the 2nd floor north end.

gmojim

Date: 06/04/06 20:07
Author: NS-33

Many thanks guys. I'll pass it on to my buddy. One other thing,what time of day seems to be the best for traffic through there?

Date: 06/04/06 20:12
Author: Rathole

All day. Like most any other main line, there will be some down time just by luck of the draw, but in general you'll do ok about any time you're there.

Date: 06/05/06 09:39
Author: Jollymon

Ahhh, my backyard. My Daughter and I are in Harriman at lease every other week. Do a search on "Emory Gap" in this forum and that will give you many other threads that have been posted on the Harriman area.

FYI....
Jollymon (

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0348 seconds