Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > FEC SD70M-2 Painting Update

Date: 12/10/06 01:59
FEC SD70M-2 Painting Update
Author: SD40

I know there were past threads from those interested in what the new Florida East Coast SD70M-2's will look like when painted. I read this message from Steve Wilhelm on the Yahoo serails list and thought I would pass it along:

=============================================
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 21:12:24 -0600
Subject: [serails] FEC SD70M-2
I got a good look at 100 and 101 at VMV in Paducah Today. They are painted in a blue and yellow scheme. The paint reminds me of the Alaska SD70MAC. The colors are very close to the ARR. The unit is all blue with a wide yellow band running the length of the unit, there are yellow pinstripes on the top and the bottom of the of the wide yellow band. The words "FLORIDA EAST COAST" are spelled out in Blue in side the wide yellow band. The underframe is silver with what looked like white or silver step boxes. The units were backlit and about 100 yards in so no photography. They looked really classy. Both units should be out testing on the PAL next week and then be on there way to Florida before Xmas.
Steve Wilhelm
=============================================

It should be interesting to see photos of those!

Ron H.

Date: 12/10/06 02:27
Re: FEC SD70M-2 Painting Update
Author: NathanAirChime

Posted the update to an ongoing previous thread

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,1293541

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds