Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Any updates on the Red Unit move across Ohio?

Date: 04/21/08 05:36
Any updates on the Red Unit move across Ohio?
Author: dbrcnw

Ringling was scheduled to be in Columbus about 8:30 AM and Mansfield about 1:30 PM. As always these can run much later.

Any progress reports?

Thanks.

Dale

Date: 04/21/08 07:00
Re: Any updates on the Red Unit move across Ohio?
Author: rbx551985

'Don't know the updates as to their progress, but here's a blurb of routing from posts the Circus Train Yahoo Group (reposted here by request):

AS OF LAST NIGHT:
"Some of the cars are at Nitro Yard waiting for the rest of them. The plan [was] to leave Nitro Yard around midnight and head to Columbus, Ohio."

ROUTING:
"NS West Virginia Secondary.... It's just going by Hobson Yard along the Ohio River, then to Athens, Ohio and into Columbus."

"Past Practices:
Flats are stored on Nittany & Bald Eagle Railroad track directly across form the Bellefonte Correctional Facility. Unloading / Loadout: Resevoir Road RT 26 (E. College Ave). CAREFULL: Resevoir Road is on correctional facility property. Stocks are usually stored across from the Mall between Decibel Road & Transfer Road, RT 26 (E.College Ave) Coaches & Containers (COFC) are stored at Sunnyside Yard in Bellefonte. Sunnyside Blvd & Seyler Lane. Buses are used to transport to BJ Center."

ALSO SEE:
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,1653243

Date: 04/21/08 07:19
Author: ken

From CircusTrain@yahoogroups.com

Went by Point Pleasant WV across the Ohio River bridge into Ohio at
9:50am. With engines 6589 and 6522

Date: 04/21/08 10:36
Author: mjbobb

Could there be the possibility of seeing this train in daylight from Altoona north to Bellefonte tomorrow? Seems like it has a long way to go yet til it gets there from Ohio.

Date: 04/21/08 14:49
Author: dbrcnw

Thanks for the Pt Pleasant information, it allowed me to catch it in southern Ohio. I'm sorry this is so long in being posted but I don't have access away from home and just got back.

At about 2 PM it was still approaching New Lexington and based on that I would assume it would be in Columbus about now (5:50). Classic "late trains get later" situation and perhaps some of the Columbus folks can give updates. I can't confirm but ASSUME it will head north to Bucyrus and then east on the Ft. Wayne to Pittsburgh. I wouldn't be surprised to see it arrive at Conway in the early hours of Tuesday and hopefully someone will have updates.

Dale

Date: 04/21/08 14:54
Author: toledopatch

mjbobb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could there be the possibility of seeing this
> train in daylight from Altoona north to Bellefonte
> tomorrow? Seems like it has a long way to go yet
> til it gets there from Ohio.

Based on the latest update, I'd say your odds of seeing it in daylight in Altoona are very good. It's even possible that it won't get there until late enough in the morning that the light angle for the move up the N&BE will be less than ideal.

Date: 04/21/08 14:55
Author: wheel_slip

Ringling Brothers Red Unit is trying to make it's way through Columbus as I type this (18:00)... The train is tied down at Alum Creek Drive on the NS WV Secondary, while they change out the locomotives at Watkins Yard. Should be on the move in an hour or so, through downtown, into the Weber connection, then North on the Sandusky District. Here's the train sitting at RR1 on the WV Secondary waiting to find out what the plan is for the locomotive swap...

Andy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0484 seconds