Home Open Account Help 400 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > RBBB Blue Unit Update - Nov 24, 09 - Auburn Hills MI to

Date: 11/24/09 12:11
RBBB Blue Unit Update - Nov 24, 09 - Auburn Hills MI to
Author: blackcatd9

Incoming data from Circus Yahoo Group: 02:35 PM EST by Byington. Byington is between Dossett and Knoxville. Should be at Knoxville as of this post time of 03:10 PM EST. Need those field reports. All for now. bcd9

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/09 12:16 by blackcatd9.

Date: 11/24/09 13:22
Re: RBBB Blue Unit Update - Nov 24, 09 - Auburn Hills M
Author: rbx551985

blackcatd9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Incoming data from Circus Yahoo Group: 02:35 PM
> EST by Byington. Byington is between Dossett and
> Knoxville. Should be at Knoxville as of this post
> time of 03:10 PM EST. Need those field reports.
> All for now. bcd9

That sounds about an hour or so behind schedule. According to a post on the Circus Train Yahoo Group by "Brian" (who apparently performed a photo-chase), Blue Unit passed through the Alcoa area south of Knoxville about 3:35 p.m. on it's way to Etowah.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/09 13:32 by rbx551985.

Date: 11/24/09 13:55

To everyone in the Folkston, Georgia area: I attempted to post the message (BELOW) on their town's official website (relating to the railfan shelter there), but this darn local library won't allow me to connect with a town website in the USA. (?) Anyway, I did manage to post it to The Inn At Folkston's website. (Go figure.) Anyway, if anyone knows people there (including everyone who might like to see the Circus Train coming through the Folkston Funnel tomorrow afternoon, please relate this message with my compliments:

URGENT MESSAGE FOR EVERYONE IN FOLKSTON: MILE-LONG RINGLING BROS.' CIRCUS TRAIN TO COME THROUGH FOLKSTON WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON

The MILE-LONG, 61-car RINGLING BROS. AND BARNUM AND BAILEY "BLUE UNIT" CIRCUS TRAIN will be passing through FOLKSTON, GEORGIA on Wednesday, Novemeber 25, 2009 -- some time during mid-to-late afternoon. This is their "HOME-RUN" back to Tampa, Florida, from Auburn Hills (Detroit), Michigan: they closed out the 2-year tour of the show's 138th Edition this past Sunday night, and are rolling for 3 days home to Florida. This train, as stated, has 61 double-length cars, stretches out to 5409 feet without host railroad's power (that's OVER a full mile!), and weighs in (fully loaded) at 4490 tons. At last report as of 4pm Tuesday, the train was seen passing through Knoxville, TN around 3:30pm....

While the 138th Edition of "The Greatest Show On Earth" is now over, the Blue Unit will begin - in 2 more weeks - rehearsals for the All-New 140th Edition, to be called "BARNUM'S FUNUNDRUM."

The train I.D. for this week's move is "P918-23" -- so all people in Folkston, Georgia at the railfan shelter listening in to the CSX railroad radio channels will know they're coming when the hear the crews calling signals for that particular train. ENJOY! Sincerely,

Rhett Coates
--Co-owner/Co-moderator of the Circus Train Yahoo Group, and proud former employee of RBBB Circus.

EDIT:

I recieved this message in reply from FOLKSTON, from Mr. Bill Whitaker:

"Thank you !!

Bill Whitaker
The Inn at Folkston B & B
Gateway to the Okefenokee and Home of the Marvin W. "Cookie" Williams Train Viewing Platform at the famous Folkston Funnel.
Visit us at: http://www.InnAtFolkston.com

Now you can Catch all the Action at the Funnel from your computer. See the new webcam at:
http://www.TrainWatch.com ..."

<This message sent via iPhone>

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/09 14:22 by rbx551985.

Date: 11/24/09 14:42
Author: retcsxcfm

The weatherman predicts 60% chance of rain for Florida tomorrow.
I had about a 1/4" this afternoon.I guess my train chase will get
washed out.And,no the train did not bring the rain,this crap is coming out of the Gulf.

Uncle Joe-just east of Tampa

Date: 11/24/09 14:51

sdp35 Wrote:
> The weatherman predicts 60% chance of rain for
> Florida tomorrow.
> I had about a 1/4" this afternoon.I guess my train
> chase will get
> washed out.And,no the train did not bring the
> rain,this crap is coming out of the Gulf.
>
> Uncle Joe-just east of Tampa

Well, here's hoping the clouds will clear out AS the train is coming into Florida, at least enough that you guys can get great photos and/or videos, and will be safe while chasing on parallel highways -- that any potential rain doesn't make the area's roadways too slick to drive on during a Circus Train-chase.

Date: 11/24/09 20:33
Author: djy23

Watched it southbound through Marietta, GA at 11:05pm. Had an ES40DC Gevo and Standard Cab C40-8 elephant style (no pun intended) leading. Marietta is 17 miles north of CSX's Tilford Yard and where they will change crews.

Date: 11/25/09 03:44
Author: Narr8rdanny

Any updates on the RBBX moving south out of Atlanta?
I'm headed to Augusta, GA today for Thanksgiving and will be traveling via Folkston.
Hoping to meet the Ringling train at about 1:30 or so. Uncle Joe and I caught it there last year about then and chased all the way south.
Weather bites but oh well.... Trains in the Rain...

Danny Harmon
Tampa

Date: 11/25/09 03:45

Just a refresher on the CSXT routing.
GA: Chatsworth, Rydal, Cartersville, Marietta, Atlanta, Tyrone, Manchester, Junction City, Rupert, Cordele, Fitzgerald, Ambrose, Sessoms, Waycross, Folkston.
FL: Callahan, Baldwin, Starke, Ocala, Wildwood, Dade City, Vitis, Plant City, Tampa (Uceta Yard).
Hope to see Photos in GA. All for now. bcd9

Date: 11/25/09 03:53
Author: Narr8rdanny

Are you sure about the Plant City point on this routing? It usually runs Vitis, S. Lakeland, Uceta.
I guess Plant City would be in there on that routing, too.

DH
Tampa

blackcatd9 Wrote:
> Just a refresher on the CSXT routing.
> GA: Chatsworth, Rydal, Cartersville, Marietta,
> Atlanta, Tyrone, Manchester, Junction City,
> Rupert, Cordele, Fitzgerald, Ambrose, Sessoms,
> Waycross, Folkston.
> FL: Callahan, Baldwin, Starke, Ocala, Wildwood,
> Dade City, Vitis, Plant City, Tampa (Uceta Yard).
> Hope to see Photos in GA. All for now. bcd9

Date: 11/25/09 06:02

From Circus Train Yahoo Group Member "rozanneo": Arrived Manchester, GA at 03:55 AM, Wednesday, 25 Nov 09, departed 04:10 AM, picked up another engine. bcd9

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/09 06:08 by blackcatd9.

Date: 11/27/09 13:00
Author: Kearnsrh

For the record, the RBBB circus train (blue unit) crossed the Rice Junction diamond in Waycross, Georgia at 10:45 AM and the weather was great. That is about two hours later than last year.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0513 seconds