Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Cincinnati Railway Fireworks Trains

Date: 09/03/10 21:56
Cincinnati Railway Fireworks Trains
Author: K8DTI

Cincinnati Railway will be operating two trains to the annual Cincinnati Riverfest Fireworks on Sunday evening. The trains will operate as follows.

The Fireworks Train with CEFX 3123 for power will load at the former PRR Norwood passenger station. It will depart at 6pm and pull to East Oakley and wait for the Dinner Train to clear. Once the Dinner Train is clear, it will proceed to Oasis (Montgomery Inn Boathouse), run around the train, shove to the Boathouse driveway and unload passengers.

The Dinner Train will run second with CNRY GP30 #85 for power. It will depart BBQ Revue on Madison Road in Oakley at 6pm. It will back to the wye at Oakley. After the Fireworks Train has cleared Oakley and Valley (along Redbank Road under the N&W overpass), it will follow the Fireworks Train. Upon arrival at Oasis / Boathouse it will pull into the siding and unload
passengers.

Let's see some photos posted of this unique event!

Date: 09/04/10 05:39
Re: Cincinnati Railway Fireworks Trains
Author: sevenmilesiding

Neat! Does the general public know about it, or just the railfan community? This is the 1st I have heard about it. Thanks for the info.

Date: 09/04/10 05:45
Author: glendale

sevenmilesiding Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neat! Does the general public know about it, or
> just the railfan community? This is the 1st I
> have heard about it. Thanks for the info.

K8CNW and I chased it a few years back (I think it was 07?) and the fireworks train was packed. I was really surprised how many people knew about it, considering the first I heard of it was the week before.

The dinner train usually always draws a strong crowd.

Date: 09/04/10 07:43
Author: mhiser

Cincinnati Railway used CEFX 3123 last weekend on the Champaign County Preservation Alliance trips over the former DT&I out of St Paris last weekend. It looked pretty good on the short passenger train and unlike most of the current I&O fleet you see on the former DT&I, it's actually clean (the I&O doesn't use it).

Here's the 3123 waiting at Quincy for a westbound on CSX to clear last Sunday on the second trip of the day.

I don't know what cars they plan on using for the Fireworks Train, but they used 4 open window cars for the trips on the DT&I. CNRY borrowed CFE 3889 to help out of the trips. Passing through the Rosewood on the second trip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/10 07:47 by mhiser.

Date: 09/04/10 09:29
Author: ra1508vh

Nice Pictures! I've been waiting all week for something to get posted.

The same coach consist from the St. Paris trips will be used on the Fireworks train.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds