Home Open Account Help 223 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS F-Units and Exhibit Car

Date: 09/15/10 15:46
NS F-Units and Exhibit Car
Author: columbusrailnut

NS train 955 passed through Cooke Road in Columbus, OH at 6:30 heading south down the Dayton district toward Cincinnati. It has all four F-Units and the Exhibit car. I believe it will stop at Hilliard-Rome Road for a crew change. Look for pics and a short video soon.

Date: 09/15/10 15:58
Re: NS F-Units and Exhibit Car
Author: BMGrant001

Well if that's the case it should come right past my house, at the Alton Darby Rd Crossing... If I catch it I'll post some pictures.

Date: 09/15/10 17:14

Failing light, however I did manage to catch him...

Heading off into the sunset...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/10 17:18 by BMGrant001.

Date: 09/15/10 17:41

Here are my pictures and video of 955 at Cooke road. In the video there is also a light power move on the CSX and a Southbound NS mixed frieght with some interesting power.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/15/10 18:01
Author: oat324

So did they split the train up in Columbus? Where is it going? When will it be heading back to Altoona?

Date: 09/15/10 18:06
Author: glendale

oat324 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So did they split the train up in Columbus? Where
> is it going? When will it be heading back to
> Altoona?

Supposed to be going somewhere in Kentucky. Anyone have a trace on it?

Date: 09/15/10 18:10

Someone told me that two were going to Indiana and the other two along with the Exhibit Car were going to Kentucky. As for there exact locations, I am not sure. I guess they did separate them in Columbus, but that does not make sense because there is not a NS line that goes from Columbus to Indiana. Any thoughts?

Date: 09/15/10 18:54
Author: illini73

The Exhibit Car and two of the F-units are supposed to be at the Monticello Railway Museum in Illinois for their "Railroad Days" event this weekend. The event also features Southern Railway steam engine 401, just restored to operation. Possible routing: Columbus - Bellevue - Ft. Wayne - Decatur.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/10 18:57 by illini73.

Date: 09/15/10 20:02

They split 955 at Alton, just out side on buckeye using tracks 1 & 2 ... This taking place around 7-730pm not far from Hilliard Rome Rd.

955 - was made up of #4271 and it's B unit heading towards Dayton...

956 - Engine 4270 / B unit and the exhibit car headed out of Alton towards Bellevue ... Train# 956...

Date: 09/15/10 21:49
Author: halfmoonharold

The 955 is supposedly going to Louisville. Don't know what for.

Date: 09/15/10 22:30
Author: K8DTI

I wonder if Mr. Moorman agreed to send the NS F's to the Midway, Ky. street fair in conjunction with R. J. Corman, which is this weekend. Corman will have the QJ and a RailPower genset on display. This is purely speculation on my part.

Date: 09/15/10 22:49
Author: scottp

K8DTI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if Mr. Moorman agreed to send the NS F's
> to the Midway, Ky. street fair in conjunction with
> R. J. Corman, which is this weekend. Corman will
> have the QJ and a RailPower genset on display.
> This is purely speculation on my part.

Any railfans still shooting film, might find that the efforts of Moorman and Corman could make one a Poor Man...

Date: 09/17/10 10:20
Author: dieselfan

Not sure where he had been held, but the 955 with the 4271/4276 made it into Ky this morning,and instead of heading west to Louisville,it went the extra 3 miles to the NS yard in Danville where it was sitting in front of the old dorms coupled to m/w gons.Grabbed a couple of quick cell phone pics.

Date: 09/17/10 15:40
Author: CivilEngineer

Anyone have any idea if the F units will pass through Pittsburgh PA in the near future? would they normally take the "town" route or the "south side" route?

CivE

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0605 seconds