Home Open Account Help 235 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > RBBB train through Muncie Indiana

Date: 08/29/11 14:00
RBBB train through Muncie Indiana
Author: CIOR

The RBBB train came through Muncie today on the NS New Castle District, then got a recrew to head up the Marion branch to Elkhart. After a long pause south of town, it finally got the line up through and here we see it passing through the old Muncie West Yard. To the right in the trees is the location of the old turntable and roundhouse, both of which are LONG GONE.

Date: 08/29/11 19:31
Re: RBBB train through Muncie Indiana
Author: CCDeWeese

Was this the Blue Train enroute from Lexington, KY to Moline, IL?

Date: 08/29/11 20:13
Re: RBBB train through Muncie Indiana
Author: CIOR

Yes.
Also, apparently it is being reported that a person on the train fell out someplace south of Milford Junction on the Marion branch. Last report they have been located and transported to the hospital. Per the NCIR Yahoo group.

Date: 08/30/11 08:26
Someone DID fall from Blue Unit's train!
Author: rbx551985

FROM A MESSAGE POSTED ON THE CIRCUS TRAIN YAHOO GROUP:
"According to a report on the NCIR Yahoo group the train was held at Milford
Junction for a long period of time, seems someone fell off train around
Leesburg, they have been found and are in the hospital."

NEWSPAPER LINK:
http://www.timesuniononline.com/main.asp?SectionID=82&SubSectionID=353&ArticleID=57698

TEXT EXCERPT:
"....According to the sheriff’s department, the man had been leaning against a door in a vestibule between two rail cars when it opened, ejecting the man from the moving train. The man fell onto the stones just off the tracks below...."

Okay, then: no matter what the newspaper stated, I know FOR A FACT as a long-time resident of BOTH Ringling Bros.' trains that the vestibule doors on BOTH trains cannot open outward, as the lower Dutch doors are built so that metal strips anchor the doors and ONLY ALLOW THEM TO BE OPENED INWARD -- to prevent just this kind of scenario. I'm guessing the person in question, whoever he was, opened the door himself, and then either fell or jumped. I'm certain NS and Feld Entertainment is NONE TO HAPPY WITH THIS PERSON! I hope he'll be okay, either way, however that wasn't smart on his part, IMHO. "Safety First" is drilled into every Ringling Bros.' employee, especially where the 2 Circus Trains are concerned! I'm just shaking my head in disbelief at this incident.... "WOW" is all I can say. Just, "WOW" -- and not in a good or humorous way.

(Thanks, "CIOR," for the link.)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/11 15:55 by rbx551985.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0592 seconds