Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > GRS new traffic source.

Date: 10/26/00 15:09
GRS new traffic source.
Author: ExceptedTRAK

Recently, approval and permits were sought to "construct and intermodal fuel facility." Adjacent to the St. Lawrence & Atlantic railroad in Northern NH.
It is my understanding, tank cars will be loaded with product in the port of Portland or So. Portland, Me. Guilford will take them to Danville, Jct. for interchange with the SLR.
Further, appartantly there is supposed to be some fairly substantial volume moved, especially during the home heating oil season.
Yet more new traffic for GRS, hopefully they will get the new units soon...

Date: 10/26/00 19:22
RE: GRS photographs
Author: ExceptedTRAK

Recently, I posted some photographs of GRS locomotives under media library on trainorders.com.
Enjoy !!!!

Excepted Track

Date: 10/26/00 19:46
RE: GRS new traffic source.
Author: Plantman

Any mention of how much traffic? I'd guess probably an average of 4-5 tankcars a day, with about double that amount in the cold months. Good to see the SLA continuing to build their traffic base.

Date: 10/27/00 08:56
RE: GRS new traffic source.
Author: shawnmutant

ET - do you have a Northeast rails website or something? *I finally developed some film from my exploration of Portland and wanted to share them with the net community.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0262 seconds