Home Open Account Help 261 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Coal Trains?

Date: 04/26/12 08:44
CSX Coal Trains?
Author: dstill

I thought I read a while back that coal train heading south kept the DPU unit on till Savannah. The reason I ask is I stop by Amtrak Savannah now each time I go to Jax. I usually see a coal train and it does not have the DPU. Both the intermodal and freight yard are south of Amtrak station. Where do they remove the DPU unit, Florence?

Date: 04/26/12 10:33
Re: CSX Coal Trains?
Author: DeutzHDL

Florence is on the A Line, no DPU's going that way that I know of. The DPU's are coming down the Clinchfield side and maybe get removed around Spartanburg. I think most of these end up going to Cross

Brett

Date: 04/26/12 12:08
Author: dstill

I see them coming through Waxhaw, NC and Monroe, NC heading toward Hamlet, NC. The line from Hamlet goes to Florence, SC from East junction. They probably remove the DPU at Florence then. Most of the coal trains I see show SCWX or TILX.

Date: 04/26/12 16:48
Author: DeutzHDL

If i remember correctly most of the SCWX trains are Cross trains like I thought in my first post. Are you seeing DPU's east of Hamlet? If not Hamlet would be my guess instead of Florence. Been awhile since I've been over that way. What is the Jct called where the Hamlet line meets the A Line I cant remember for the life of me.

Brett

Date: 04/26/12 18:32
Author: mjbobb

Pembroke,NC or Dillon,SC

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0525 seconds