Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Jacksonville-St. Louis traffic

Date: 06/04/12 21:09
CSX Jacksonville-St. Louis traffic
Author: Alexmarissa

The July issue of "Railroads Illustrated" magazine reports that priority perishable trains Q090 and L092 are being routed thru St. Louis instead of Chicago, with possibly additional Railex perishable trains thru the St. Louis gateway in 2013. Question: are these trains running on the ex-Conrail St. Louis Division or the ex-B&O Illinois Division? Thanks for any information!

Date: 06/04/12 21:23
Re: CSX Jacksonville-St. Louis traffic
Author: CR6444

CR Indy Line from St Louis-Indianapolis(Avon)to Berea (Cleveland) then on to Albany..

CR

Date: 06/05/12 05:50
Author: P

CR6444 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CR Indy Line from St Louis-Indianapolis(Avon)to
> Berea (Cleveland) then on to Albany..
>
> CR

Why would a train to Jacksonville from St Louis go to Albany, NY?

Date: 06/05/12 06:13
Author: farmer

The St Louis gateway was used for one week to see if service was any faster than Chicago. Service has since returned to Chicago with two- four trains in each direction weekly. Service to Jacksonville via St louis is to begin sometime this year. I would say the Illinios division will be used if there is a connection in the southwest quadrant off the former CE&I at Vincennes Indiana.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/05/12 07:19
Author: toledopatch

farmer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would say the Illinios division will
> be used if there is a connection in the southwest
> quadrant off the former CE&I at Vincennes Indiana.

Unless I'm looking at the wrong tracks on the satellite photo, there definitely is a suitable connection. I believe that's also how the St. Louis-Louisville traffic now runs (via Evansville).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds