Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > New NS Ad Campaign (Spoof)

Date: 02/23/01 04:42
New NS Ad Campaign (Spoof)
Author: jch9596

The "Horse of No Name" thread and esp. posts by Runs4TheNS got me to thinking of a new logo for The Mule. I'm surprised no one has thought of it sooner and maybe they have:

"Norfolk Southern: It's my way or the highway."

Naturally, our way would be more appropiate, but it wouldn't rhyme.

Joe H.

Date: 02/23/01 06:41
RE: New NS Ad Campaign (Spoof)
Author: Scotian

As soon as I heard Limp Bisket's, (He's a rapper incase anyone doesn't know) "My Way" I thought right of the bat about the railroad and the samething that Joe thought of. I thought maybe we could change the song to something like "It's CN's way, or the Highway" Just a thought. I figure a person could pretty much put any railroad in CN's place, but since I'm a Canadian, that's the first one I thought of. I think the song would reflect the fed up shipper at times. The song has part's that say, "Just one more time.......etc" and I'm sure sometimes shippers feel that way. Just one more time late and it's the Highway. Just my take on it.

Jordan

Date: 02/23/01 07:59
names, sayings and such........
Author: joeyg

Hello,

Although I work for NS, and have worked for CSX previously, I love to hear the names and slogans people come up with. Also I love to hear funny things work related people come up with....

NEWS ARTICLES:
"NS to Cut 2000 contract positions"
subtitle - Norfolk Southern, a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage.

"NS to Cut 2000 contract positions"
subtitle - Norfolk Southern, downsizing to greatness.

Norfolk Southern - As long as it doesn't have to be there tomorrow, we'll take it...oh yeah, and we want the money up front!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

TRUE STATEMENTS:
When your on the bottom of the senority roster you have 2 choices:
1)Work for the railroad or 2)don't work for the railroad.

Now you work for the railroad, you only need to know 2 things:
@!#$ rolls downhill and you get paid on Friday.

Nothing happens fast on the railroad, correction = nothing "good" happens fast on the railroad......
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I HEARD THAT:
Dispatcher: How long will it take you to clear up?
Train Crew: oh, bout 20 minutes.
Dispatcher: In railroad time or real time?

***Dispatcher talking to train after relief crew took over, after 1st crew derailed train***
Train Crew: 126 ready to come down the hill to you when you can take us, over......
Dispatcher: Alright 126, signal indication and, any setoffs between Riverton and Hagerstown?, over......
Train Crew: Uh, no sir, the 1st outbound crew already set off about all they needed too if you know what I mean, over........
Dispatcher: (laughing) Yeh, I know what you mean, over.......

There are many more, I'd love to hear them......

Joey

Date: 02/23/01 17:31
Chilli sub tonight...
Author: kushtaka

The BNSF Chillicothe sub on the Illinois Division was pretty crowded at the Fort Madison bridge tonight when I drove through on my way home. Picked up one side of the conversation on the scanner. The DS (Chilli) answered that there's too many partners on the dance floor and not a big enough honky-tonk. Brought a smile to my face.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0494 seconds