Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Montclair, NJ Depot

Date: 02/23/01 22:54
Montclair, NJ Depot
Author: Gabbyh1

Does anyone know what railroad owned this right-of-way? This photo was taken in March 1981.

Date: 02/24/01 02:42
RE: Montclair, NJ Depot
Author: CP7311

Looks like a DL&W right of way.Because of the signals in the background are DL&W type signals.

Jerry

Date: 02/24/01 06:12
Erie/Erie Lackawanna
Author: ajt

This location was originally on the Erie RR's NY & Greenwood Lake branch. It was melded with parts of the DL&W's Boonton Line after the EL merger and operated as the Boonton Line. NJ TRANSIT now operates this line.

Date: 02/24/01 06:38
RE: Erie/Erie Lackawanna
Author: Sirsonic

Now I may be wrong, but I would have to say that is the Upper Montclair station, and you are looking east. It is on the NJT Boonton Line, the ex-Greenwood Lake Branch. I dont know if you can see it on the signal or not, but that is why the signal number (if I have the location right, its 13-2G) has a G at the end.

Date: 02/24/01 10:07
Author: Lackawanna484

I'd concur on Upper Montclair looking rail east toward Bellevue Avenue. There's now a restaurant called Lotsa Pasta in the station, which has been used by a succession of restaurants since 1985 or so.

I'd can't get a good focus on the two posterboards, they usually refer to shows on Broadway, which will date the pix pretty well. If you can read them on the original, it would date the pix within a year or so.

Date: 02/24/01 10:55
Author: Gabbyh1

thanks for the help guys! This pic was shot by my dad in early March 1981.

Gabbyh1

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0347 seconds