Home Open Account Help 398 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > What's wrong with this picture II?

Date: 08/06/01 16:31
What's wrong with this picture II?
Author: ddavies

Answer on the CSX page, in the picture caption. Mike should know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/12 20:53 by ddavies.

Date: 08/06/01 16:32
RE: What's wrong with this picture II?
Author: crazy_nip

blank numberboards on the helper facing the camera?

Date: 08/06/01 16:35
Author: BobE

Helpers pushing on flatcars (bulkhead flats about four cars in front of the first helpers)?

Helpers situated at the right spot in the train for a foamer to get the perfect shot?

BobE

Date: 08/06/01 16:42

BobE wrote:

> Helpers situated at the right spot in the train for a foamer to
> get the perfect shot?
>

...and then went to the website...

No one ever gets that lucky!

Date: 08/06/01 16:55
Author: railfanner

Well,, it appears that the helpers are about 10 feet behind the lead engines.! lol

Date: 08/06/01 19:35
Author: nycman

Helpers pushing downhill.

Date: 08/06/01 21:40
Looks like a little cloning around?
Author: TrackOne

Perhaps there is some cutting edge cloning here?

Date: 08/07/01 05:53
RE: Looks like a little cloning around?

BobE is good (unless he peaked first), now how would you prove it (rather than saying you could never be that lucky)?

Date: 08/07/01 07:17
RE: Looks like a little cloning around?

Dave, I was just lucky and I swear that I didn’t look first. I just figured that no one actually gets so fortunate to have the engines line up like that.

I have no idea how to prove that you digitally manipulated the image, though your caption says that that is what you did.

For those who haven’t checked Dave’s site, the image is a composite of three digital images. The second head-end engine has been changed from a Conrail to a CSX, and the helpers were actually about four cars further back than they show in this frame. (Did I get that right?).

BobE

Date: 08/07/01 07:40
Author: trackn

great job, i would have never thought it was manipulated. i work in graphics and i couldnt tell. but now that i look, the only thing i can suggest is that you fade that last car into the trees a little more, on closer look, its just cut into a third. great work though!
-tim

Date: 08/07/01 08:19

Don't feel bad Bob, at the resolution that you are looking at, it is virtually impossible. On the original 2000x1500 pixel image, you can tell the heighth of the second unit is like 1 or 2 pixels too low (the camera was not on a tripod so were not identical in perspective allignment).

The tree really does cut the car by 2/3 (I didn't defoliate the hill). Because I am using two/three pictures taken of the same subject at almost the same time, detection is almost impossible.

Next stop: P30 is gonna have cars extending around the curve :-) I'll work on that next time I'm up there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0289 seconds