Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Tampa DEAD today

Date: 09/02/01 14:16
CSX Tampa DEAD today
Author: crazy_nip

I figured there would be SOME movements...
Saw 4 trains in 3 hours... but did get to see one of the 3 GP60's.
Also of note, i got in an accident over on orient road. This old dude rear-ended me at a stop light. Screwed up my rear bumper and tailgate pretty good, all in all it was a pretty crappy day

Date: 09/02/01 14:24
RE: CSX Tampa DEAD today
Author: gladhand

Traffic usually does slow down near a holiday. To borrow a page from your book, who cares?

Date: 09/02/01 15:16
Author: CSX_Hoghead

I hear he was a retired Conrail Conductor.

Date: 09/02/01 19:28
Author: KNTower

So it was a fender-bender. Are we all going to report to the world on our minor mishaps while railfanning? Give me a break.

Date: 09/02/01 19:39

I knew some day i would post something like this and get @!#$ for it... oh well. The point of this post was to point out the lack of activity, perhaps alerting others in the area to not even bother railfanning in the florida area this weekend. Not to whine about my fender bender... A public service announcement of sorts, crazy_nip style

Date: 09/02/01 20:23
Author: roadrat

When your wrapped around the pilot of an SD70MAC, send me an e-mail. I might yawn over it...Roadrat

Date: 09/02/01 20:54
Author: Slr62

Thats an aweful thing to say...

Date: 09/02/01 21:58

typical roadrat...

Date: 09/03/01 07:20
Author: BobE

crazy_nip wrote:
>
> I figured there would be SOME movements...
> Saw 4 trains in 3 hours... but did get to see one of the 3
> GP60's.
> Also of note, i got in an accident over on orient road. This
> old dude rear-ended me at a stop light.

So, ever heard the old saying that the worst day railfanning is still better than the best day working? Now that you've had the worst day railfanning, do you still believe that?

My worst day railfanning didn't involve an auto accident, but instead a mistaken assumption. My buddies and I assumed that Conrail would close down for Thanksgiving and that the day after would be a real bonanza. So, we got up at 5, drove the 100 miles to Allentown, PA and sat out in 20 degree weather all day (we were pretty averse to cold weather, all of us, so this was a pretty strong hardship). We got three trains all day instead of the usual 15 or so. Met up with a local I knew who said Oh yeah you shoulda been here yesterday the place was rocking! Holidays are bad, the day after a holiday is worse.

BobE

Date: 09/03/01 11:25
Author: csxmac

Im not usually the one to say anything, but some of you are a bunch of a#$ holes! I just dont understand why you cant read someones post on a lack of trains and also that they got in a car accident, and move on! Do you have that crappy of a life to sit and flame people that talk about their day. Atleast they arent sitting at home all day infront of the computer deciding who to flame!

Troy
PS..sorry to hear about the wreck...

Date: 09/03/01 13:24
To csxmac

Evidently you are new to this place? Crazy-Nip and I, (roadrat), hack on each other all the time! So unless you want to join in on the fun, stay outta the way. I don't want to see the Nipster get killed! Who would I have to pick on then? One thing about this site, he who moans, gets flamed..... Roadrat

Date: 09/03/01 13:26
Get a clue Troy!!

Obviously you haven't visited this site very often!! crazy_nip is always more than ready to be the first to flame someone for having the gall to post something that he isn't intersted in. What goes around comes around.

Date: 09/03/01 13:57
RE: Get a clue Troy!!

i wouldnt post that i would like to see someone "wrapped around the pilot of an SD70MAC" however, that was just in bad taste and over the line

Date: 09/03/01 14:17
RE: Get a clue Troy!!

crazy_nip, maybe the SD-70 snowplow bit was a little harsh. I guess we could all benefit from a little more tolerance.

Date: 09/03/01 14:27
To Crazy-Nip

I got lower than your expectations?I feel honored in a way.Just remember, you can't get lower than a rats a**!.It makes up for all those un-called for remarks about tiresLike I said before, If you and I ever hook up at the tracks, we'll either have a hell of a good time, or one of us will be thrown in front of a train.There just ain't no middle ground! ...Roadrat

Date: 09/03/01 15:21
RE: To Crazy-Nip

if it makes you feel happy, thats all that matters

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0567 seconds