Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > csx officer special p940

Date: 10/18/01 10:11
csx officer special p940
Author: mobileunit

coming down the short line into louisville as i type. should be in louisville around 1500. it will travel on to nashville this afternoon. i think it is a p940, not really for sure. watch out for cinder dick's if you come out to take photos. thanks, the hogger

Date: 10/18/01 20:10
P960-18 Report
Author: K8DTI

It passed LaGrange around 1535 or so. Hope you got it too mobileunit & thanks for the info. Here is my report:

Since it has come and gone, I guess I can report on it per our Special Notice above. CSX P960-18 operated with the following consist:

CSXT 5918
CSXT 7830

Office Cars:
Massachusetts
Michigan
Greenbrier
New York
West Virginia
Youngstown
Kentucky
Washington

The CSX F40's were laid up for repairs at Waycross. 9993 is now on the former C&O with another operation. 9992 was at JAX. I caught todays train at Hamilton, OH, Hartwell (near Cincinnati), KC Jct. in Covington, Ky., Verona, Sparta, Campbellsburg, and LaGrange, Ky. The weather was perfect, except for a big milky cloud zapping me at Hartwell. Not much of a shot anyway, so no big loss.

As per security, I was challenged by a CSX employee while standing on public property (not trespassing), but it was likely because he mistakenly thought I was an official. I was asked what I was doing by a county police officer in Campbellsburg, but all he did was get his own camera out upon learning what was on the way :-) I never set foot on railroad property or any other private property except for the farm north of Sparta, whose owner is a railfan and was standing next to me at the time. Great day!

<a href="http://www.k8dti.com/cincy&quot;&gt;Railroads of Cincinnati</a>

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds