Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Fly 'em high

Date: 11/25/01 18:55
Fly 'em high
Author: Robbennett

Was going through and actually organizing my slides and came across this shot. I took it in Cresson, PA back a few years...

Date: 11/25/01 19:22
RE: Fly 'em high
Author: cr-engineer1

As Mick would have said to Rocky: "A ting uff beauty."

Date: 11/25/01 19:34
Author: CRmac80

Didn't take NS long to change this!The "Horse" flag went up right away(half expected the stars and bars.....!)and a few weeks later they painted the large blue "Conrail" off the white No.2 fuel oil tank.They even issued small peel and stick NS emlems to cover the "Q" on the workers hardhats.All this while trains sat for days-weeks in some cases-in and around Cresson.The American flag was the one thing they couldn't change.But things did get better-a nice new sign for one,new gravel(safety),removal of unused buildings and materials,and the place still is one of the better run-even though small-engine service area's that I've worked into.Got to wonder what ever happened to that flag.I remember one being won at a CR/NS company picnic a few years ago-that would be quite the collector's item!RAD

Date: 11/26/01 07:47
DO WE LOVE OUR BELOVED CORPS?
Author: bibitybobityboo

SEMPER FI...DO OR DIE....GUNG HO!, GUNG HO!....JUST LIKE ON MT. SIRUBACHI!

Date: 11/26/01 11:02
Author: nikonman

Here's another "Fly 'em high" contribution. These two UP units were visiting Conrail's Chemical Coast line in 1995. It was windy and it took me a few shots to get one with the flag unfurled. This one is the best I could do.

As usual, enjoy,

Andy

Date: 11/26/01 17:53
Author: vrsfan

Where is that exactly? It looks like Port Reading Yard...but also seems to Port Newark Yard also?....

Date: 11/26/01 18:01
Author: nikonman

Port Newark. Right alongside the Turnpike.

Andy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds