Home Open Account Help 241 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Four Wheeling four axles and a short timer signal

Date: 04/14/14 16:57
Four Wheeling four axles and a short timer signal
Author: erie833

Did a little southbound chase of a W&LE Akron to Canton train on Saturday morning. It was nice catching a morning run on this line as it provided a few photo ops I had not tried before. A quad of 4 motors that included two painted units and two one-off's didn't hurt either.

First photo was a tele across Wingfoot Lake taken from the edge of the blimp hanger grounds.

Rolling through the backyards of Middlebranch.

Rolling through the backyards approaching Canton.

RAD

Date: 04/14/14 17:03
Re: Four Wheeling four axles and a short timer signal

Passing an empty baseball field in Canton.

Curving through Canton.

A view at Wandle (NS Ft Wayne Line diamond), note former NKP signals.

RAD

Date: 04/14/14 17:07

Close view at Wandle.

New southbound approach signal is up. There is an identical one for northbound traffic in place but not yet in service either. My guess is the old NKP signals are on very short time at Wandle. If anyone knows for sure if the old ones are ex NKP signals or a N&W installation let me know. Thanks!

RAD

Date: 04/14/14 17:50
Author: THE-CHIEF-WAY

MHC As always the picture tells a story! CB

Date: 04/14/14 18:49
Author: agrafton

Nice photos and locations, I hope you waved to that poor guy.....you may not have seen him taking a photo though.

Date: 04/15/14 02:34
Author: RockIsland4310

Nice chase. Radical RAD always cleans up.

Date: 04/15/14 04:50
Author: OC6325

Roger,

I believe those signals, at least the top light are an N&W installation. The tracks south of Wandle were relocated in the 70s as well. Because of the location of the Canton Yard, once the tower was removed, the northbound signals were activated by a push button that started a timer. Knowing the WLE, those signals won't be going anywhere soon. Here would have to be a big failure for them to be replaced.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/15/14 05:01
Author: jmbreitigan

agrafton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice photos and locations, I hope you waved to
> that poor guy.....you may not have seen him taking
> a photo though.

Was that you Alan?
John

Date: 04/15/14 05:11

Thanks for the signal info. This N&W line saw little traffic in the 70s and 80s and wasn't a through route like it is today. The new southbound signal is located well north of the diamond, the new northbound signal was right behind me in that last train photo. I didn't see any signs of new signals on the NS side. There are two nice ex PRR signal bridges at Wandle which I hope survive a while longer.
And Alan, I did see the happy crew member. It was nice to see someone enjoying their day instead of flipping us off or holding up a nasty sign in the window lol.

RAD

Date: 04/15/14 05:20
Author: refarkas

Great shots as usual especially around Canton. The way that line sneaks through certain sections of Canton makes it an interesting chase.
Bob

Date: 04/15/14 12:47
Author: ns1000

VERY NICE...!!! Thanks for sharing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.065 seconds