Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Derailment on CSX?

Date: 04/22/02 06:15
Derailment on CSX?
Author: lakecities

Heard Q136 and Q138 detouring over the River Line this morning. Track foreman mentioned a train picked a couple of switches but don't know the location. Anyone know where this occurred.

Date: 04/22/02 06:43
Re: Derailment on CSX?
Author: mgsrwy

lakecities wrote:
Heard Q136 and Q138 detouring over the River Line this morning. Track foreman mentioned a train picked a couple of switches but don't know the location. Anyone know where this occurred.
============================================

Hyndman, PA. Amtrak PO30 dropped its passengers off at Rockwood station to be bussed east and then the train was turned on the wye and sent back to Pittsburgh.

mgsrwy

Date: 04/22/02 07:37
Author: toledopatch

It couldn't have been a particularly nasty accident, since by late afternoon Q368, the train reportedly involved, was heading east from Cumberland and they were dog-catching the other trains that were scattered around the Sand Patch area to get traffic moving again.

Date: 04/22/02 07:45
Author: toledopatch

Well, now I went back and read the earlier thread about this accident, and it looks like the railroad was shut down for about 20 hours. Funny, there was a westbound moving out of Cumberland at about 5:15P -- it stopped in the Narrows and I presumed that was for a helper. Maybe they just had to have a yard crew get it out of the way, though the head-end didn't stop in an appropriate place for a van to reach it.

Date: 04/22/02 08:42
Author: roadrat

Try this for reading, though the first couple replies gets a little "off track".......Trainorders.com - Eastern Railroad Discussion - Sand Patch blocked this http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?f=2&i=73354&t=73354

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds